Gunboards Forums banner

Got my first Nagant, have a couple questions ...

749 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RuralTurtle 
#1 ·
Howdy all. Well, I got my first Nagant revolver. Just came in via UPS a few minutes ago. I've got a couple questions:

It is, naturally, covered in cosmoline. I've had pretty good luck with Simple Green in cleaning this kind of gunk off. Any reason why this should not be used on a Nagant?

Also, I think when the dust settles, I'm going to pickup a .32 ACP cylinder. To answer the why question, it is because I have a ton of said ammo and it will make plinking a bit more affordable. Question is, how is accuracy with .32 ACP out of the Nagant?

Anywho, thanks all.

#2 ·
Hi RT,

I have a 32 cylinder that fits all but two of my Nagants. The accuracy is just as good as with the Russian yellow box ammo. For some reason hollow points seem to shoot much tighter groups.

I have found if you load your own, you can pick up more accuracy with 32 acp loads that are a little on the hot side, using any type of lead bullets. Clean the cylinder often to prevent any leading. I have not had a problem but others have.

Enjoy it, they are a a ton of FUN!

Best,
point6

#3 ·
Thank ya sir for the info. I appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.