Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post pictures here of my first G 43. Shoots great! It's a Duv 44. Not sure if the stock is real or not but the hand guard and stock has a serial number on the inside, 46. No markings on the outside. It's laminated. Magazine is a K43 mag. Gave $1500 for it and figured that was cheap for a G43.
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my next question. I have a lot of the newly imported Yugo ammo, 1950s. Is it ok to shoot? It did fine for now. I did shoot 5 rounds of Turk ammo and noticed it would leave a dent in the casing so decided not to shoot any more of that. What about Romanian steel case?
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked into that shooter's kit but can't afford it at the moment. He wanted $145 for the kit and over $300 to have it installed. If I can't shoot something I don't like to own it. I'll have to think about this one. I've got so much in the rifle I don't want to have to put more into it. As for all matching parts I have no idea and have no idea on how I would begin to start. The only thing I know how to do is take the bolt assembly? out of the gun. The bolt doesn't match the receiver. That's all I can tell.
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just found a website that shows you how to disassemble one of these things. Took it apart and cleaned it. None of the parts are numbered but have electric penciled numbers on them however all parts are WaA 214. Where did all those early G43s, K43s, G41s, etc etc come from in the 1960s when you could get them for $30?? Were these Russian Capture rifles maybe? The EP looks Russian. Even the mismatched bolt cover? ( the only other part with a serial number on it ) is even WaA 214.

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he just sent me an email and said that priced included two springs and the kit and it does come with instructions. When I get some extra cash I'll think about getting one, just won't shoot it for the time being.
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you know when Sarco sold those stocks and for how much? Did they have numbers stamped in them?
Thanks,
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That was your website huh?! Thanks a bunch, without it I would have been lost. I usually got to that www.surplusrifles.com site but for some reason they had just about every gun but this one. What is a G41 M?? I saw a G41 at the Louisville show that had a BOLT in it and it was semi auto. How does that work? Do you have a picture of one? I think I'll start a seperate post on that one.
BARQS19

· Silver Bullet member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If I see this right, is one of your G43s a right handed bolt? I thought they only came in left hand?
BARQS19

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.