Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post pictures here of my first G 43. Shoots great! It's a Duv 44. Not sure if the stock is real or not but the hand guard and stock has a serial number on the inside, 46. No markings on the outside. It's laminated. Magazine is a K43 mag. Gave $1500 for it and figured that was cheap for a G43.
BARQS19

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think you did great at that price. If you are going to be shooting it a lot, get the shooters kit from http://www.apfeltor.com/ It will save the original parts, specially if they are numbered and matching to the gun. If you shoot corrovive ammo, make sure you break down the gas system and clean it well. Don't use the Turk 8mm in this baby, since the ammo is too hot! My K43 has no exterior stock markings either, and may be white glue laminate.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my next question. I have a lot of the newly imported Yugo ammo, 1950s. Is it ok to shoot? It did fine for now. I did shoot 5 rounds of Turk ammo and noticed it would leave a dent in the casing so decided not to shoot any more of that. What about Romanian steel case?
BARQS19

·
Gold Bullet member
386 Posts
A BLM rifle (duv/qve) would have a numbered stock to it - like this one attached.

The numbers on the bottom of the stock would be 6mm high. (Walther numbers are 10mm high)

That stock is very nice looking. The shiney part of the stock lug would seem to me to indicate the rifle stock was sanded at one time. The handguard looks real to me too. Perhaps the markings were sanded off? A Walther 359 stock would have its "WaA359" on the left side of the buttstock. A BLM stock would have its "WaA214" on the right side of the buttstock.

Still, quite a deal at 1.5k. You did quite well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like stock was sanded fairly heavily, the wood seems at level with the crossbolt. Also most BLMs had Durofol handguards rather than laminate wood but wood is OK on that maker. Do internal gas system parts match, and the firing pin housing, flaps, bolt? Definitely get and install one of the Apfeltor shooter kits, I know the rear ends of these receivers can get whacked pretty good without a kit, why take risks of damage or injury. Nice rifle, congrats!

G

·
Most g43's don't like the yugo '50's ammo because of the hard primers. Stay away from the turk, never ever use turk ammo in a semi-auto. Way overpowered and could easily destroy that rifle.
If you plan on doing any shooting with your '43 you need to invest in a new set of wolff recoil springs and one of Rob's shooters kits.
http://www.apfeltor.com/ Just like red 9 said, I highly reccomend it.
I have over 500 rnds thru my g43 without a hitch thanks to robs kit, I can shoot all I want and not worry too much about parts breakage.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hard to tell with out pictures of the sides of the butt stock.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Great price! Like the others suggested, I'd buy a shooter's kit piston from Rob Apfeltor. Mine likes Romanian ammo best.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,235 Posts
The price was good. The shooters I have seen are going for more than what you paid.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked into that shooter's kit but can't afford it at the moment. He wanted $145 for the kit and over $300 to have it installed. If I can't shoot something I don't like to own it. I'll have to think about this one. I've got so much in the rifle I don't want to have to put more into it. As for all matching parts I have no idea and have no idea on how I would begin to start. The only thing I know how to do is take the bolt assembly? out of the gun. The bolt doesn't match the receiver. That's all I can tell.
BARQS19

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just found a website that shows you how to disassemble one of these things. Took it apart and cleaned it. None of the parts are numbered but have electric penciled numbers on them however all parts are WaA 214. Where did all those early G43s, K43s, G41s, etc etc come from in the 1960s when you could get them for $30?? Were these Russian Capture rifles maybe? The EP looks Russian. Even the mismatched bolt cover? ( the only other part with a serial number on it ) is even WaA 214.

G

·
I got my shooters kit last year. It comes with the new springs and a new gas cylinder with a few gas plugs with different sized holes. All you have to do is unscrew the old gas cylinder and screw in the new one and change out the springs and boom, you're done! a blind monkey can do it!
The serial numbers on the g43 will be a mixture of stamped and electro-pencil. The reciever, bolt, and bolt carrier will be stamped. The bolt carrier housing will be stamped with a WaA mark only.
The firing pin housing, bolt locking lugs, and gas cylinder piston will be electro-penciled.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've bought three or four kits from Rob and they work great. Very easy to install... you can do it and if you need help, I can send you photographic instructions.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he just sent me an email and said that priced included two springs and the kit and it does come with instructions. When I get some extra cash I'll think about getting one, just won't shoot it for the time being.
BARQS19

·
Registered
444 Posts
Didn't see it mentioned, but the stock is a Sarco replacement reproduction stock. Still $1500 is a nice price if the metal is entirely matching.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you know when Sarco sold those stocks and for how much? Did they have numbers stamped in them?
Thanks,
BARQS19

G

·
Sarco sold these stocks a few years ago, maybe as late as '99. I had a set once and yes they are stamped with a number on the inside of the stock and handguard.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts