Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the Albany, OR gunshow Saturday to get a two gun hardcase.
Saw this Mauser Bolo, all matching (except bolt locking block), no import marks and no pitting. Bore bright, no pitting. Got it for $550, including a repo wood stock. Seemed like a decent price.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,612 Posts
Fine pistol, I got one at an antique show years ago, it was in 7.63 but the barrel was gone; sent the barrel to a guy who recut the barrel to 9mm and it shoots like a doll, no other modification was necessary-

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it apart to check internals last nite. What a pain in the Arsch to get back together!
Problems with the bolt locking block. Finally, after almost giving up, I got it back together.
Probably will have to reload some 7.62x25 lighter than my normal PPSh rounds to play it safe shooting this pistol.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I rarely ever completely disassemble any of my C-96's. What I do to clean them is remove the magazine floor plate, remove the firing pin, take out the bolt stop, push the barrel back till the lugs unlock, then pull out the bolt. For most cleaning that's all you need to do.

Word to the wise: before you shoot it put a set of Wolff C-96 springs in it, Brooms can be unreliable and more importantly UNSAFE with weak springs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advise. Plan on getting new springs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just took the grips off. Serial no. stamped on inside of both grips.
There is a hole at the top of the stock groove (?). What is this for? Doesn't appear to be threaded. Maybe a pin to hold the wood stock tight?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts