Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over christmas, I got bored, and got some pics of my collection.

First is most of my collection.

(5) GEW 88's, 93 Mauser, 03 Mauser, K98 Mauser (RC), M48,K31, 91/30, 91/30 Ex Sniper, M38, M44, Arisaka T-99

Above Nepal Pat. '53 Enfield (copy)

Below M69/66 A1, US Rifle Cal 30. 3xxxxx range.

Second pic is of my K98, and accy's

and last but not least, my M1.

Not Pic'd of my collection are my post war/non refurb M44, N03 Mk4 Enfield, M71/84, 3 more Gew-88's, 1919/1930 Tula/Izhvesk 91/30
and my Model 12-C Remington .22

(my rifles are NEVER *sigh* all in the same location)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Great collection. Nice to see someone who really likes Gew88's. They are sort of unappreciated and valued.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Alpenflage

I do like the rifle, and it helped that they were what was cheap. Half are CFS projects, and the other half are OWS put togethers. I have 3 with original barrels, and one with all original metal (sans bolt and butt plate :-( ) But the were great projects to hone and practice my restoration skills and techniques. Which reminds me... I need to finish working on a couple of them :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nice. I had never seen, nor heard of Gew88. It just goes to show that if you hang around gunboards you learn things.

·
Silver Bullet member
950 Posts
I would like to have a picket fence that looked similiar to that. {your pic}

That wasn't your truck tarp spread out on the sofa!

Nice Collection..

·
Gold Bullet member
4,818 Posts
Thanks for the pics...nice collection. I'd like to be able to do that some time but I'd never be able to put them back in 'storage' the right way again. :(

·
Silver Bullet member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the pics...nice collection. I'd like to be able to do that some time but I'd never be able to put them back in 'storage' the right way again. :(
LOL.... I know what you mean.... and it was surely on my mind. They definately did not go back in the same way they came out.

I have attached a side view of one of my 88's for the benefit of Tiglath-Pileser
( the scope is mounted in a manner that is semi-permanent and or easily reversable) The rear sight was missing when I got it... so i improvised. :) It works pretty good, though I do not have any recent papers to show :-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.