Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can ID any of these markings would be much appreciated!!

sorry for crappy pics - I tried to get as detailed as possible

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry if I duplicated any I should have renamed the files chronologically.. PRetty sure the tang is 1895 tula just like the barrel :) Maybe it's the original barrel/receiver. It is fin capped with the boxed SA and the hanger sling swivels, round finger spliced stock, etc. It also has the Ka3 sight leaf.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well for starters the "SA" is for the Finnish Army. So it most likely a Finn capture/acquired. Looks like a Izzy made trigger with the arrow in triangle. Definitely a Tula hammer on the tang.

Cool rifle. I see similar markings on these guns and it's probably just inspection marks etc. nothing strikingly odd to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only marks that I'm unsure about are the marks on the underside of the barrel and on the side of trigger guard without izvehsk arrow. I know what the barrel shank means, the izvehsk arrows, the SA mark, etc as I mentioned above. The one's I'm most curious about are the ones on the underside of the barrel and receiver.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
I think a lot of the markings on the SMLEs are known. Doesn't seem like a lot of the i section markings on Imperial era Mosin are known. Not sure if the records got destroyed, but I don't recall any of the stamp's purpose being identified--at least the ones on the underside of Imperial era Mosins.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.