Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working with my Long Branch's magazine yesterday when it got a little stuck. Being an idiot, I didnt think twice about using a little arm strength to get it out. When I did this a part fell out that I dont remember seeing before. Now the mag is having a bit of trouble staying in the magazine well. Does anybody know where this thing goes?

On a different note I was examining the bolt head and chamber of my rifle when I discovered that I can see a little bit through to the gas port on the other side of the rifle. I was wondering if this means there is a headspacing issue?

Thanks all, cattle

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
The Answer

The Answer

The auxiliary spring slips inside the very front of the magazine, long end inside.

At the top of the forum is my manual sticky, download the Australian part manual for the full breakdown of the No.4.

Seeing light is normal, if you can see an entire full moon through the gas port you might have a headspace problem. :rolleyes:

Your head gap clearance will let light through even with a shell in the chamber, try it with a small flash light. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch

Now I feel stupid because I just remembered a while ago u gave me the No4 mkI* manual in pdf file. I probably could have found it there if I wasn't so lazy, damn me!
thanks again, cattle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts