Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several months of looking I got a 1911 Swiss. Funny thing is the dealer had several to chose from. I choose the most expensive one, $250 OTD, but I'm happy! Now to find range time.

·
Gold Bullet member
758 Posts
Beautiful rifle at a good price.:)

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Nice find Longhunter!

$250 OTD is a good price for a nice looking 1911. I'm still looking for mine.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
After several months of looking I got a 1911 Swiss. Funny thing is the dealer had several to chose from. I choose the most expensive one, $250 OTD, but I'm happy! Now to find range time.

You really don't want to try and find one here in yUK...

My local dealer had one - 'RARE ALL-MATCHING Swiss 7.5x55' it read on the tag - '£695.00'

That's $1550.00.

And it was a 96/11 carbine, with a good selection of dings all over.

tac, stuck in Hell

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The U.S. is always an option! :D

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
The strange thing in Europe is that prices go up (even double) everytime some gun becomes "free to have" (i.e. without permit or other "music"). I call this, for the last 30 years "usurious prices". But always unaware buyers are found and think they have bought the most rare bird of the universe. Are they wrong? Of course they are!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've never seen a Schmidt 1911 at any gun show or in any shop around here (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) in two years. I have been looking for a nice 1911 carbine for all that time. I think all these guns are east of the Mississippi.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Shooters supply in Coeur D'Alene had one for a long long time. I bought a 1911 at the G-show across the street at the fairgrounds last year. They aren't as common as K31 but they do show up around here occasionally..

·
Registered
154 Posts
lite-box, Boy, where was I? I did get a beautiful K11, all-matching, late, 97% blue for $110, but the stock was cut. I figured it would be easy to find one. Wrong! Guisan sent me one with the bushing and a barrel band. By the time I was done, I had $230 in it and the stock does not match. Still, got to do what you have to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts