Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat 'Schatze' died early this morning. He's been the family pet for fifteen years, and he was the only real pet that I've ever had. So, needless to say I'm a little sad today.

R.I.P. Schatz'

·
Gold Bullet member
13,284 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. He was a very handsome cat. Take care.

·
Registered
95 Posts
re:

Sorrow over the loss of a pet I understand. I long ago came to the conclusion that our pets very often are the most true friends we ever have. Animals display traits of character that I wish people could learn. Condolences for your loss.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I too am Sorry for the passing of you friend. Although I've never had a cat, I have lost many good friends that were called dogs, but they were special to me and my family. Lost a real special one in Dec 06 after 14 + years. We were given another dog( read FRIEND) who suffered the loss of her first master after 3 or so years. We are now happy together, so life goes on for us all. Do you know the "Rainbow Bridge" Story? Do a search and have Kleenex handy.

Get another cat( from the SPCA?) I'm sure "Schatze" would want it that way too. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Schatz' was a prince until the end. He passed away early Sunday morning and somehow, by the grace of god, the sun came out for a couple of hours that afternoon and the snow had all but melted, so we were able to give him a proper burial. Today, there's five inches on the ground and we're bracing for a second storm. It would have been terrible to have had to bury him this week.

I'll probably get another cat some day, but I don't think I'll ever truly replace this one.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
4,842 Posts
OK' So its taken me awhile to say, We have had the pleasure of the company of a little female cat we called Pussycat and she is 19 human years young.
This old girl is blind (cattoracts) but it dont seem to bother her.
Whats 19 human years = cat years?

·
Registered
835 Posts
had a cat a few years ago that knew his name, would come when called (from 500 yards out in the field) and shook hands. he was a cool cat. struck down while out carousing one night. shoulda got him fixed...

we have several cats, wont say how many, but this is bootsie...

Condolences for your pal...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your Schatze. He was a handsome boy.
If I may respectfully suggest....
Right now, in your local shelter, there is another cat that is about to die for no reason other than he has no home and there is not enough room at the shelter. Go save his life by adopting him and bringing him into the loving home that Schatze enjoyed. Do it in memory of Schatze.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. They've been a comfort.

Our family made a donation to the local humane society in Schatze's memory, and we received a very nice thank-you note.

We will probably adopt another cat again someday, when the time is right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.