Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure we have a few folks here who are fans of Iraqveteran 8888's videos on YouTube. Sadly, this past weekend, co-host Barry passed away. Although I personally have never met him, it is a loss that I'm sure we will all feel in some way. I just figured I would take this opportunity and speak on behalf of the fan-base to give a little shout out to the IV8888 crew and let them know that we're all going to miss him and his personality. He will be missed by people all around the country. I guess God needed another armed angel, rest in peace Barry!

P.S- If you have a few extra bucks you can spare, below is a link that will allow you to donate to Barry's family for final expenses, I'm sure they will appreciate anything that you can send! The same link can be found in IV8888's latest "Gun Gripes" video on YouTube

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrai...n=BA_FBshare&og_action=hug&t=3&fb_ref=2139047

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow that sucks! I am a more recent fan of the channel started watching a few months ago and last they mentioned was that Barry was dealing with some health issues but was hoping to come back. They all seem like a bunch of really great guys I'm sorry for their loss.

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's a shame. A damn shame.

I met him back in 2012, he was a great guy. GREAT sense of humor, and he cut me a good deal on a 1967 polish flare gun for my commie stuff collection. If it means anything, I called Moss today and gave them and Barry's family my condolences.

·
Copper Bullet Member
124 Posts
I have been a big fan of Barry and Eric and he sure seemed to be rather fit. From what he said a couple of times, he was younger than I am. I was actually planning a bike trip down that way this year to visit the shop and meet the guys. This is very sad news, Barry you will be missed!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
They won't get another second banana like him. He was irreplaceable there. Those guys always seemed to have fun, and in spite of what they sometimes do to bubba a Mosin (lol), or let out some incorrect information (meh, who cares?), I almost always enjoy their videos. The production values just keep getting better and better on them.

Barry had a really down to earth personality that came through well on the videos. He'll be missed, and I am saddened to read this. I'm sure we all are.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow, this is really sad. I just found out a few minutes ago, I have been busy and haven't been on Youtube for a while.

The whole deal with Barry has been strange and I've missed seeing him in the videos for the past few months. It's sad to think that he had such a stressful time in his last days here... Seems he deserved better.

Im a huge fan of the channel and you feel like you get to know these guys when you catch every vid they put out... I see people talk bad about the channel, but they are fellow gun nuts and did nothing but try to educate people and bring new people into the hobby.

It really isn't the same without Barry in the videos, but I'll definitely continue to tune in.

RIP

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I have unsubscribed from the channel.

The death notice and funeral announcement were commercialized (by a pawn shop, so no big surprise here), and then veiled comments about "demons" and "legal problems" were mixed in with a literal "that's the way the cookie crumbles" comment at the end. I was stunned at the lack of class - but not really surprised. Barry Elliot was not convicted of anything. He died - perhaps from a stress-induced heart attack. He left family behind - including children. These comments on the channel had to only add to their pain.

Since I really don't need to see any more Mosins blown up or butchered anyway, this was the last straw for me. I once enjoyed that channel for its fun factor. YouTube success has apparently gone to their heads now.

So I am done with them. In the words of IV8888 in his eulogy for Barry, "That's the way the cookie crumbles."

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Trying but not too hard. I watched it twice before unsubscribing. I found it self serving, commercial, and disrespectful.

Just the way I saw it. Perhaps I was wrong. I can't see into Eric's heart.

He s obviously immature with a poor choice of words in it at the very least.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
unsubed a long time ago. Bubbin mosin nagants just to do it and then making videos to justify it.. while still making milsurp videos.. blah pick a side. Not to mention every other video is a commercial for bubba pawn.

This decision was before the pointless torture test videos.

Hickok45 is far superior.

RIP barry, my thoughts are not meant to be disrespectful - just commenting and expressing my opinion of the channel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts