Gunboards Forums banner

Good deals out there

5K views 67 replies 40 participants last post by  fullchoke 
#1 ·
There are some good deal out there…. Like unicorn hair!! Lucked up on this VOPO Luger. All matching including magazine …..marked 1918 and S/42…
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Recreation

See less See more
#19 ·
I was equally lucky 4 years ago on this score. Got a 1944 Russian TT33 all matching for $190 at a estate auction because they called it a Romanian Tokarev or some nonsense like that. It probably scared people because It was missing a grip panel and the other grip panel was for a Polish TT. I got it sorted with original WW2 grip panels from Russia.

I cannot imagine doing this at a Cabela's though. They usually are not that sloppy and the pendulum goes so far the other way it is comical at times.

Photograph Revolver White Black Air gun

#27 ·
What Cabelas was it. Can you scan and post the receipt. Love to see how they listed it on receipt. I was never able to walk our of a Cabelas with the hang tag or the stores trigger safety. Guess I am just jealous. Wow, good for you, hope it shoots well. Enjoy.

This part is a little odd.........because most stores do not allow the sales tag/lock to be part of the sale......

#28 ·
Well considering the price paid and for what it is it's obvious that no one at that Cabala's has any idea what they are doing. Did they have a young cashier working part time help you with the sale? Students seldom have a clue when it comes to gun sales. Did you have to fill out a 4473?
Dan

#29 · (Edited)
OP FABULOUS FIND A BIG CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
I got just as lucky at cabalas post Covid . bought this from them for 1499.95 + tax . it is a 2nd Gen. Colt SAA NICKLE original finish / have colt letter now. Non-Standard model , built from left over parts of commemorative models. only 3 that I know of built. I did add ivory grips but I have originals . the colt box came with SAA pistol . not sure if factory supplied , I have my doubts on box. it is engraved COLT , script writing on top of box.
See where some stamping is on RIGHT side of barrel. bevel cylinder, a big plus is UN-FIRED
I'm Johnny on the spot / situation , there are deals out there.
Brown Textile Luggage and bags Wood Rectangle
Musical instrument Revolver Dress Sleeve Bag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.