Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This post is a week late. Just got back from the happiest, most magical place on earth. (Sure am glad to be home) Last weekend, I picked up one of the nicest Type 44s I've ever seen. Totally matched, and mummed. No DC, but doesn't show evidence of ever having had one attached. Whether Japanese, or GI, still packed in cosmoline. Surface dings, and storage dust only. Perfect bore, and untouched wood. Paid top dollar, but, couldn't let it get away. Will post pictures, soon as I get 'er cleaned up.

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Don's basement?

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, where is this happiest, most magical place on earth? Disney Land? N.Y.C.?
C'mon Jareth, surely you watch the Disney channel at your house. It's Walt Disney World, in Orlando.:thumbsup: Don's basement, might be second though.

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,236 Posts
I reckon I've misled myself. I have always thought the most magical place is Arizona. Let's see, let me count thy ways, Grand Canyon, Supai, Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley, Petrified Forest, Tucson (and surrounding area), etc., etc., and, oh, did I say Congress? But of course, I'm referring to the real Congress......Congress, Arizona.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crappy pictures added.

Finally got around to taking some bad pictures of my latest aquisition. It's not perfect, but I love it.:thumbsup: Appears to be totally matching, without taking it apart. Screws look untouched, so I assume it is. Bayonet is very stiff, and has to be somewhat forcebly opened, and closed. Best looking T-44 I've seen.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alas, nothing in the butt Steve. Thanks guys, it is a beautiful little thing. On a side note, do school marked Type 44s hold any special value, or scarcity? That's what I had in my collection. I'll have to move it now, to generate funds for the new one.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Nice, well taken care of; but surely issued and used, IMO. Try some oil on the pivot and latch of the bayonet.

School 44s, not common- but then neither are 44s in general. School rifles in general, in my experience, are lower value/price than the non school equivalent.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
Trench's question put me to thinking about this, but frankly I don't think I've ever seen a T-44 with a 文 mark. Many 文 marked T-38 rifles and carbines are around of which I agree are lesser value than the non-marked ones (Except of course the "文-in-lieu-of-mum" marked variations which are rare), but no 44s. Never even thought about that.
The 青 marked T-44 I've seen before but those are pretty rare and I'd say places more value than a comparably same condition piece but without the marking.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Many 文 marked T-38 rifles and carbines are around of which I agree are lesser value than the non-marked ones QUOTE]

Except, of course, for my no-series Nagoya T-38. It was a tough auction fight to win that one. Lots of folks wanted it :)

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry guys, I mispoke. My other Type 44, has only a canceled Mum, with Kokura overstamp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts