Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting excited so figured id go ahead and start this post. I will be sure to load up some pictures tomorrow as i'll have some questions im sure the vast knowledge on here can enlighten me with. I only have one kinda blurry picture of them now, (I have seen them in person already) but will give some good glamour shots after i get my mitts on them. Most guns from this seller have been in very good if not perfect shape. The 30-30 looks like it has just a few tiny dings on the stock.

Not sure when i'll get to test fire and give a range report with the .357 as i will have to load up some of my own rounds first. I can't find any store bought ammo anywhere around here.
But i do have a little 30-30 to go play with. (I already have a Marlin 336 30-30) .357 is new to my ammo stock. (if anyone has any suggested or favorite load data for it let me know)

Unfortunately i do believe i have contracted lever-itis. It got worse when i inherited my fathers lever (the 336) 3 years ago, then i bought a JM Marlin 45/70, then a Henry repeating 22 lever, and now these two Winchesters.

I need somebody to save me now before my wife kills me lol. But all joking aside they come at a price i cannot pass up. And given the current state of things im not sure if in future years, i will have such options as guns like these to buy.
(picture on next post)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Ohh 😮 boy Good luck! They are like Eaton’ tater chips, won’t stop with just a few. 357 is a fun caliber, tons of loads to play with, mine is a Win 73 replica by Uberti. I love it the quality is outstanding. Enjoy your new rifle!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Beautiful!
I finally got another one after being without for thirty years last December. A model 94 Trapper made in 97/98. Yeah 30-30 is hard to come by as many manufacturers just don't make tons of it like other popular calibers.

Just met another customer thats trying to unload a lever gun with a couple milsurp's. It's one I never seen before with a built in lookin magazine and some perty engraving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are loading for that .357, start with heavier bullets (I like 158gn RNFP) and start with an OAL of about 1.54". With the 158gn you can load them in .38spl cases by crimping in the lube groove. All the '92s are somewhat length and bullet weight sensitive, but half the fun is coming up with just the right combination to make them sing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts