Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doin' a display at the Forks of the Delaware show (July 12-13) this weekend. If your there say hello.
The display? French of course! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
French Shows

Hank, your displays always sound so good. Really would like to see some of them. I used to live out that way a long time ago and go to some of those shows. Allentown, Pottstown- only names I can think of. Have a Daughter in PA. somewhere. Show us some pictures please when you have time.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Asked & answered - Photos

. . . .you asked for photos.
Taken at OGCA this past May. Berthier and Lebel cartridge converserion trials rifles and MAS 36 Cut-A-Way. I have a standard Berthier 1907-15 and Mle 1886/93 Lebel shown with their respective cartridge conversion trails rifles. With the Fusil de Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 Lebel is a cutaway of the tube magizine showing the rimmed cartridges inside.
I added a MAS 36 Cutaway to show the end result of the conversion from 8mmR x 50 to 7.5 x 54mm because I could.
To fill up the table (it looked empty) I also have clips with variations of the cartidges and a sample of bayonet changes. All the cartridges have slots milled in them showing they are dummys.
This is the display I am showing at Forks of the Delaware.
Yeah, that's me (with the Fusil de Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 Modifié 1927) - I bought a new hat this past winter and only stopped wearing it when the temperature got above 80!
:laugh:

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,251 Posts
Wish I were closer. It is nice to see displays, especially well executed ones like yours at a show. So much better than ceramic Christmas trees and fantasy swords.
Thank you for keeping the SHOW in Gun Show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts