Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,955 Posts
Be realistic - if it were not for global warming, you would have had 8 inches of ice covered by snow and 500,000 without power.

·
Registered
209 Posts
This was on December 11th, 2007. So much for Global Warming! These pices were taken early. We got 3 more inches after I took these. We had 5 inches in my backyard!
Back when I was a boy growing up in New Iberia I think it got cold enough to freeze water once the whole time I was there.
We'd here tell of snow flurries up by Lake Charles, but that's as close as it got.

Never actually saw snow collect until we moved to Ohio.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Looks like the ice and snow we have here in my part of Oklahoma, Sam.

Last year, "global warming" brought one of the worse ice storms ever, and I was without power for a week...in the middle of town.

Good looking storefront, by the way.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,848 Posts
Yep Sam, all that global warming took down half of a maple tree in my front yard and I can't see out the back windows because of all the limbs down.

I seized upon this opportunity to open a "Self-Serve Firewood" business but no one has shown up yet. Neighbor said its because my limbs are covered with an inch thick layer of ice - but I know the real reason- No one needs firewood because of global warming.

Apparently the gall darned global warming also fritzed my electricity which has been off now for two days. The uniformed think we are without power due to the ice storm, but Al Gore and I now the Truth!

·
74,955 Posts
Yep Sam, all that global warming took down half of a maple tree in my front yard and I can't see out the back windows because of all the limbs down.

I seized upon this opportunity to open a "Self-Serve Firewood" business but no one has shown up yet. Neighbor said its because my limbs are covered with an inch thick layer of ice - but I know the real reason- No one needs firewood because of global warming.

Apparently the gall darned global warming also fritzed my electricity which has been off now for two days. The uniformed think we are without power due to the ice storm, but Al Gore and I now the Truth!

I would think that you keep warm at night. Hopefully.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,848 Posts
I would think that you keep warm at night. Hopefully.
No luck there. Wifey just isn't "beefy" enough to serve as a heat source. I need "more" woman. Caught myself gazing fondly this morning at a 250lb secretary thinking, "Dang, that's what I need...I bet she'd keep the bed toasty warm." :eek:

·
74,955 Posts
No luck there. Wifey just isn't "beefy" enough to serve as a heat source. I need "more" woman. Caught myself gazing fondly this morning at a 250lb secretary thinking, "Dang, that's what I need...I bet she'd keep the bed toasty warm." :eek:
Tell the wife that you converted to islam when you bring the extra womn to bed. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
In the Ft. Worth area, we've had 50 degree temperature swings. It'll be in the 70s one day and drop into the 20s the next. We just had an ice storm last week. The Old Farmer's Almanac for this year predicts snow in North Texas in the DFW area.

Not all scientists agree with the Gorites. Some think we're actually heading into the next ice age. That'd be fine, but I don't know if I have anything big enough to take out a wooly mammoth. I do know I'll need a bigger smoker.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,427 Posts
Sam,
It's been -10 to -25 at night over 50% of the last three weeks! 4-5 feet of snow on the ground. Algore's global warming. BAH!

·
Read Only
4,629 Posts
Not all scientists agree with the Gorites. Some think we're actually heading into the next ice age. That'd be fine, but I don't know if I have anything big enough to take out a wooly mammoth. I do know I'll need a bigger smoker.
Ask anybody who was around the 'little people' about Montagnard methods of hunting elephant.... Karamojo Bell did take 'em with a 7x57, so the use of anything above a .30-06 should work. FMJ bullet, surgical placement.

You would, though, need a considerably larger smoker than for beef....

Wonder if the woolies would get up here into the Ozarks? I want to watch a couple of my neighbors scratching their heads as the pasnuta devours their round-bale hay....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.