Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine acquired a 9MM Glisenti pistol made in 1915. He wants a military holster for it. I have books on everything else it seems but nothing on military holsters. Does any forum member have pictures of the holster? I would need a front and back view and a view with the flap open. I replicate such items and depend heavily on either having an original or good clear pictures Any help offered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Joe

·
Silver Bullet member
519 Posts
Joe

I have never seen a picture in any of the books for a Model 1915 Glisenti holster. I have been looking for a few years for an original & finally decided to buy a reproduction from Italy to fill the spot. The maker in Italy knows his stuff & he also made a Brixia 1913 brown holster for my Brixia pistol. If I had a good camera, I could try for some pictures. Send me your email & I'll try it sitting next to a measuring tape.

Don

·
Silver Bullet member
519 Posts
I had some pictures of the Model 1915 Glisenti holster. One of them looks exactly like that grey-green holster you posted. The attachments I'm posting are the brown leather holster which is exactly like the reproduction I received from Italy. I was told the brown is correct, but they used either one. I guess you could use either one & be correct, if you can find them.

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I had some pictures of the Model 1915 Glisenti holster. One of them looks exactly like that grey-green holster you posted. The attachments I'm posting are the brown leather holster which is exactly like the reproduction I received from Italy. I was told the brown is correct, but they used either one. I guess you could use either one & be correct, if you can find them.

Don
Excuse me, but this is a Beretta Mod.1915 Holster, not a Glisenti Mod. 1910 holster.
The only thing that they had in common was the caliber, the 9 Glisenti.
Brown leather holster were for the officers and grey-green for the other ranks.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
While we're talking about 1915. I've seen sources that point out the 1910 saw some limited services in WWII along with the Bodeo. Has anyone read anywhere about the 1915 being held over too?
In Italy we say: "non si butta via niente" (don't throw anything away). Many 1910 were in stocks, with 1915 and Mauser C96 of the Navy, and also Steyr 1912.
All these guns were used by the partisans that smuggled the magazines after the surrender of Italy in september 1943.
Many partisans were injuried using 9 para and 9M38 cartridges on Model 1910: they don't knew the difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.