Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday was the day that SEN HARRY REED (D-NEV) told a largely Mormon student body at Brigham Young University that Latter Day Saints had been largely led astray politically by their leaders, specifically Ezra Taft Benson, who he described as a "right-winger". He then articulated to the BYU audience that one cannot be a true Christian without concern for the poor. I applaud him for this and think it is high time that Franklin Roosevelt received the accolades due him. Remember, the "greatest generation" was a union-organizing, Democrat-voting, social security and veterans benefits group and this nation experienced great prosperity under their leadership.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Tuesday was the day that SEN HARRY REED (D-NEV) told a largely Mormon student body at Brigham Young University that Latter Day Saints had been largely led astray politically by their leaders, specifically Ezra Taft Benson, who he described as a "right-winger". He then articulated to the BYU audience that one cannot be a true Christian without concern for the poor. I applaud him for this and think it is high time that Franklin Roosevelt received the accolades due him. Remember, the "greatest generation" was a union-organizing, Democrat-voting, social security and veterans benefits group and this nation experienced great prosperity under their leadership.
I think part of the reason that the Depression lasted so long and was so awful was precisely because of FDRs constant meddling and social engineering. If not for WWII, he would have been the worst president the country ever suffered through.

He really had that talent to lead many astray. Best he is left to rot in his grave.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
FDR

"a second-rate intellect, but a first-class temperament"

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., 1933

"A sucker"

Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili , 1945

1 - 3 of 3 Posts