1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giuliani: Clinton smeared Gen. Petraeus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070913/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_clinton

In this article his comments were:

Responding to reporters' questions outside the restaurant, Giuliani repeated his contention that illegal immigration is not a crime.

"It's up to the U.S. Congress to decide that, and the U.S. law books say that crossing the border without permission is a misdemeanor. Other than that, it's not a crime," he said.

"Congress tried to make it a crime, but didn't make it a crime, so that's a question of law, not political rhetoric or political spinning or political position."
He quickly changed the subject."

If Congress made border crossing without permission a misdemeanor.

Then how can illegal immigration not be a crime ???

His reasoning sounds like he is pro illegal alien.

·
Registered
212 Posts
He has the same eye problems the Dems do,in that their vision has become clouded by a vast pool of untapped "imigrant worker" votes.

He's using New Yawk double-speak to cover the fact that he knows it's a crime,but wants the votes anyway.
And if elected,he'll do anything he can to get them.Like introducing legislation making them legal.
And I can see a Democrat controlled congress willingly aiding him in the effort.

I can't believe this git is a Republican front runner.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't say republicians are smart.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,479 Posts
Giulani is a RINO, IMHO. He tries to make noises like he is pro-gun, but in reality his position on RKBA isn't that far from Sarah Brady's. He's a vote whore (as are they all), and he'll prostitute himself to any SIG that promises to bring him a block of votes.

I'm votin' for Fred.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,709 Posts
...and the U.S. law books say that crossing the border without permission is a misdemeanor. Other than that, it's not a crime...Congress tried to make it a crime, but didn't make it a crime...
Does this guy truly think that a misdemeanor is not a crime? What about shoplifting, DWI, domestic assault and every other misdemeanor out there? I guess he doesn't view a misdemeanor as a crime because of his stature. The guy probably thinks he can get away with stuff like that and not have to worry about it. What disturbs me the most is that people take guys like him seriously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts