Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The only thing to stop that from happening are their egos.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
How about both parties not elect these professional liars?
Seems the media establishment has already chosen the party nominees: Ghouliani for the GOP and Hiltlary/Osama for the Democrats. Why not throw off that royal appointment with a man of integrity. Like Ron Paul.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,628 Posts
Well, the idea of a nominee with integrity is attractive. When somebody finds one, I'll get on the bad-wagon (and not give me the retired twat doctor - I know too many people in his district).

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Well, the idea of a nominee with integrity is attractive. When somebody finds one, I'll get on the bad-wagon (and not give me the retired twat doctor - I know too many people in his district).
Oh wow theres a real good solid reason to not support a candidate...a few people in his district....such a frivolous and stupid reason can only be the ONLY reason of someone who cannot come up with a good one.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
This guy is likely to be a Ron Paul fan:

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,628 Posts
Actually, when a guy is a Congress critter, getting a read on him from people in his district is usually good way to figure out if he is what you might want. Or not.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
I doubt they'd be "Formidable". The opposition adds up for a politician faster than the proponents do. Obama polls fewer negatives than Hillary but that's only because right now people dont know him and his ideology - extreme left, well to the left of Hillary. Let the opposition outside the Democratic Party go after him and he wouldn't have a chance with independents and Republican voters.
This is why presidential nominees tend to pick relative unknowns who usually agree with them on 100% of the issues for the VP slot. Less baggage, less downside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts