Gunboards Forums banner
61 - 80 of 209 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
37,978 Posts
Was just thinking, perhaps you should give each T-Doll their own thread, or perhaps group them by country or some such.

Also, flex a little bit, go for some fan art.

As luck would have it, I have an example of both in one pic.

Cartoon Green People Black hair Hat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was just thinking, perhaps you should give each T-Doll their own thread, or perhaps group them by country or some such.

View attachment 3962716
Hoping M60 gets a neural upgrade or even a good skin one of these days. Always been one of my favorites (despite the weight and reliability issues). I’m just a bit sentimental for it. I was the only one volunteering to draw one when we had to drag them on FTX’s back in basic training.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

View attachment 3962716
I was thinking of doing that but I didn't want to saturate the forum with over 400 threads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hardly a Samurai Edge, merely my 92FS with a pair of the DSGrips SE grips and a barrel with the finish buffed off. One day I'll stop throwing money at guns to finally and properly build an SE with the proper grips.

Though, the slide stop is Samurai Edge, one of Collector Design Werkz's products, and it's an amazing product by itself.
I'd like to build one of those and perhaps an Agency Silverballer as well - but getting the details correct enough to be satisfied is an expensive propostion. On that note, gimme that step-slide 92. I still need a frame safety model.

No.39: Mosin-Nagant

View attachment 3962666 View attachment 3962667

"During a certain weapon field test, the committee decided to review designs from two country's designer and improvise the result, and the name "Mosin-Nagant" is the name of the two designers. I now have the chance to retrieve peace for everybody. Thank you Commander, please expect my performances."
I always thought it was a bit odd they used a bent bolt and round receiver for her official art - but didn't give her a PE, PEM or PU scope. The PU especially is quite iconic. They did give her a PU scope in the 'Moonlit Ocean' skin, though.

May as well keep with the trend - obligatory Mosin-Nagant photo. My 1914-dated M19 and 1942-dated M91/30.

Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
No.77: M2HB

Toy Cartoon Bow Art Costume design

"As early as in the first world-class war of mankind, our army gained inspiration from the enemy's anti-tank weapons, and gradually improved on this basis, which eventually led to the birth of me, M2HB. Don't look at me like this. I'm also a veteran who has served for more than half a century. Oops... It is also appropriate to enjoy the blessings occasionally".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd like to build one of those and perhaps an Agency Silverballer as well - but getting the details correct enough to be satisfied is an expensive propostion. On that note, gimme that step-slide 92. I still need a frame safety model.
I need all the frame safety 92s I can get my greasy little hands on.
No.77: M2HB

View attachment 3963217

"As early as in the first world-class war of mankind, our army gained inspiration from the enemy's anti-tank weapons, and gradually improved on this basis, which eventually led to the birth of me, M2HB. Don't look at me like this. I'm also a veteran who has served for more than half a century. Oops... It is also appropriate to enjoy the blessings occasionally".
There she is, the mainstay of my #1 echelon. The true best girl. mod3 when though

·
Registered
62 Posts
You know, I never thought about it, but there's technically no Arisaka rifle T-Doll. The Type 81R is, from what I've read, a copy of the type 44, but no actual type 44, 30, 38, 99, 97, etc. A bit odd, given the amount of other WW1/2-era rifles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
You know, I never thought about it, but there's technically no Arisaka rifle T-Doll. The Type 81R is, from what I've read, a copy of the type 44, but no actual type 44, 30, 38, 99, 97, etc. A bit odd, given the amount of other WW1/2-era rifles.
I wonder if it is due to their historical precedence that is due to the lack of pre-World War 2 Japanese firearms. The Type 4 could be an exception because it is very rare and probably seldom ever seen outside Japan.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
No.182: wz.29

Hair Cartoon Toy Thigh Pink

"wz.29... This is a name I had no choice but to carry. One of the similar models of 1924 Mauser Standard rifles, for the peace of my homeland... I became a weapon of war. Hopefully by the Commander's side... I won't experience the pain and suffering of war ever again... That is also the only reason of fighting I have left."

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also thought it was peculiar that there were not T-dolls for any of the various Nambu pistols - though I doubt any would appreciate the nickname ‘Grandpa’ or ‘Papa’.

Of course I do wish for more granularity of the families I am particularly interested in like the Enfields and Webleys, but such things do leave room for them to expand. Hopefully without power creep making the earlier dolls completely outdated. But then again - that’s what the neural upgrade system was designed to combat.

·
Silver Bullet member
37,978 Posts
Its a Chinese game, kinda surprised the Type 4 made it in.

It also goes the other way: KanColle has American ships, but has yet to have any Chinese ones even though Ning Hai and Ping Hai would be a good fit. They could even go in under their captured names Ioshima and Yasoshima.

Hairstyle Facial expression Cartoon White Art

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
No.41: SKS

Leg Cartoon Thigh Musician Toy

Chinese Translation
"SKS, aka "Simonov", the name comes from my designer. You know, I am an excellent weapon that was finally completed after the baptism of the world war. Although it was later replaced by AK-47, I was already famous overseas by then. The weapons, including the 56 and a half, are just my imitations. Hum, how is it!"

·
Registered
31 Posts
The SKS is another fun and certainly attainable milsurp. I first had a Yugoslavian M59/66 but ended up selling it once I got a Russian. This one was refurbished postwar and like so many of them has what appears to be the same type of paint used on AKM's and AK74's.

Wood Tool Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Wire stripper

Mine is dated 1950 and was made by the Tula arsenal. Being among the earliest of the series the bolt and carrier differ slightly from later SKS's. It has an extra lug on the bolt carrier which interfaces with a slot milled into the side of the bolt body. The extractors are also non-interchangable with the later design. The early firing pins were a bit thinner but with a larger head and a return spring. The spring became and especially interesting feature to me after hearing reports of accidental discharges upon loading due to an SKS's floating firing pin being stuck forward in the bolt.

Wood Rectangle Tool Hardwood Auto part

Wood Automotive exterior Tool Bumper Hardwood

61 - 80 of 209 Posts