Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I search information for small article about rifle Mod.2 produced by Gewehrfabrik Danzig (Gdańsk is now).

I look for differnt site on WWW and make little juxtaposition what we know about this gun.
Of course is probably not all.

I need better picture with stamps from gun for this article.

With Regards: Piotr J. Bochyński

·
Silver Bullet member
3,403 Posts
Hello, Piotr!

I am the owner of serial number 1 of this model.

What pictures do you need? Glad to help.

Best regards,
Mike.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,403 Posts
Piotr contacted me via email, and I provided pics of my rifle for his articles.

He promised to send links to his articles when they are published.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Is any one able to provide mechanical drawings of the extractor so I can have one made?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pictures of my model 2. If you need anything else, please let me know.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was going through one of the safes & found another, serial # 48 (didn't know I had that one, lol). If you need any more pictures please let me know. Best regards,
YMM

·
Silver Bullet member
3,403 Posts
Piotr has sent me an email, including a pdf of the article he has published.

I will gladly share with anyone, if you send a PM.

The article is in Polish.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
So I have the extractor, that Yugo Mauser Mike sent me, in a machine shop for a duplicate. They think they can do it. I won't have a price until it's done. I really don't think that's a factor, considering how rare they are.
I can't thank Mike enough for trusting me to send me a unicorn. Updates to follow.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
So I have the extractor, that Yugo Mauser Mike sent me, in a machine shop for a duplicate. They think they can do it. I won't have a price until it's done. I really don't think that's a factor, considering how rare they are.
I can't thank Mike enough for trusting me to send me a unicorn. Updates to follow.
Machine shop failed. extractor back to mike. :(

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry to pull up an old post but I thought I would contribute a recently acquired Danzig Model 2. She is serial # 491 and came with the factory scope mounts at one point, however, they are missing now.

I do have three questions for those with more experience with these 22s. The first question being how I remove the barreled action from the wood stock. I can't seem to see any retaining screws or pins. I did take off the trigger guard but the action still feels like it is secured somewhere else.

The second question deals with the bolt. I took it apart and it looks to be in good condition. I am curious though, as I did not see a firing pin or "fork". I am assuming there is suppose to be a floating firing pin that is pushed forward by the flat faced pin that is under spring tension ?

Last question deals with the ammo. It looks like the barrel stamp may refer to 22LR but I am curious what other owners have tried in their Danzig ?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide in getting this 22 out to the range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to pull up an old post but I thought I would contribute a recently acquired Danzig Model 2. She is serial # 491 and came with the factory scope mounts at one point, however, they are missing now.

I do have three questions for those with more experience with these 22s. The first question being how I remove the barreled action from the wood stock. I can't seem to see any retaining screws or pins. I did take off the trigger guard but the action still feels like it is secured somewhere else.

The second question deals with the bolt. I took it apart and it looks to be in good condition. I am curious though, as I did not see a firing pin or "fork". I am assuming there is suppose to be a floating firing pin that is pushed forward by the flat faced pin that is under spring tension ?

Last question deals with the ammo. It looks like the barrel stamp may refer to 22LR but I am curious what other owners have tried in their Danzig ?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide in getting this 22 out to the range.
I have #3 and #155

To remove the stock unscrew the ring screw in front of the trigger. The screw holds the barrel to the wood..

I will need to get them out to tell you about the firing pin..

Per ammo my understanding is the intended round is a 22 LG which is something like a 22 long, So I just undershot it with either Flobert caps or I have had luck with using that Aguila 22 Colibri powderless 22s. 22 lr will split the brass.

They are neat little guns

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi Indy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I would love to see pictures of your Danzigs, interestingly, mine does not have a crest on the receiver, presumably because the scope mount was right on top.

I had a feeling the weird screw like thing just forward of the trigger guard is what is keeping the action in though it looks like you need some special tool to unscrew it, any thoughts here ? I was hoping a screw driver with a small bit would fit in and I could turn it off but no luck so far.

As for the firing pin, when you get some time, I would like some pictures, as I may be able to make a mock up or have some of my work buddies mill something on a lathe for me.

For the ammo, I had a feeling this rifle took something smaller than a 22 LR. I was thinking something along the lines of a 22 short as that is what my local shop has in stock, atleast for the time being. What are your thoughts ?

Looking over my Danzig, I forgot to mention there appears to be a screw missing from just in front of the rear sight. I am assuming this adjusted the fixed rear sight post up or down but I am not sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Indy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I would love to see pictures of your Danzigs, interestingly, mine does not have a crest on the receiver, presumably because the scope mount was right on top.

I had a feeling the weird screw like thing just forward of the trigger guard is what is keeping the action in though it looks like you need some special tool to unscrew it, any thoughts here ? I was hoping a screw driver with a small bit would fit in and I could turn it off but no luck so far.

As for the firing pin, when you get some time, I would like some pictures, as I may be able to make a mock up or have some of my work buddies mill something on a lathe for me.

For the ammo, I had a feeling this rifle took something smaller than a 22 LR. I was thinking something along the lines of a 22 short as that is what my local shop has in stock, atleast for the time being. What are your thoughts ?

Looking over my Danzig, I forgot to mention there appears to be a screw missing from just in front of the rear sight. I am assuming this adjusted the fixed rear sight post up or down but I am not sure.
Just grab the ring with your fingers and unscrew the whole ring and the screw comes with it.. I will get some photos and look at the bolt tomorrow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is the broken down firing pin. The Firing pin floats at the head of the bolt and looks to be pinned in there. It does not look to be an easy to remove pin.

Hand tool Wood Tool Household hardware Metalworking hand tool

1 - 20 of 35 Posts