Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has 2 magazines for a Gewehr 43 his grandfather brought from Germany following WWII. I'm trying to find a value since he's thinking of selling them but - at this point - I've not been able to locate any either for sale or having been sold. Any ideas on where I could look to find a value range? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Both apprear to my untrained eye to be in very good condition. One is very slightly tarnished than the other, ther other a little more. One stamped "aye WBAB43 K43" the other stamped "aye WBAB43 G43". Stamping of WBAB43 very small, I think I have it right. I'll try to attach some pics.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
They look like excellent examples to me. If he has the dual pouch they came in it has considerable value as well.

mow.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Century arms imported hundreds a month or two ago which flooded the market. They were selling them for $100 each, gunbroker is flooded with them. Where is the rifle?

·
Gold Bullet member
389 Posts
The market was flooded with "gcb" magazines. The G43 aye WaAB43 magazine is worth more than the K43 marked aye magazine.

You could probably find a buyer for the K43 at 125+, the G43 at 150+ no problem. Selling for more may require a listing at an auction house with the additional costs to you.

I am sure this posting will generate some pm's to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again, I really appreciate the input. The rifle was sold awhile back, then the magazines turned up after. For however it may relate to the mags, the rifle had no stock but other than that was - I believe - in very good condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been asked if the mags have been re-blued. To the best of my knowledge, they're all original ... they appear to be original. My son's grandfather was a combat vetern of WWII and brought the rifle and mags back after having served in Europe during the war. They were in his attic until he passed away, at which time he left them to my son. So they've not been in other hands to be re-blued. I've been asked if there's a pouch and my son tells me they were in a 2 mag pouch when he rec'd them. He's looking through his "stuff" to see if he can find the pouch. I'll post results of pouch-search asap. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts