Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stocks, yes as this is about 2 sticks of wood. I have now bought 2 different Gew98 stocks on Ebay for real money. First one was a Brazilian 98 and simply not a Gew98 WW1 stock. Sent it back with the seller pleading "do not return it". Turns out I was the second fool to buy it and then return it. Oh well, off it went. Second stock was "Spanish Civil War" stick that was refurbished and now is for sale. The trigger guard assembly stuck out the bottom of the stock nearly half an inch and the rear guard screw was sticking up about 3/4 of an inch on the top of the stock. It has gone back. Guys any leads, info on a real Gew98 stock? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wanted to update this story. I went ahead and bid/won a true German Gew98 stock on Ebay. I did not think it was possible after the 2 stocks I won and returned. The stock I won turned out to be nicer then described and I am very happy about this deal. The first stock I won was sold by a seller who always has "German" WW1 stocks for sale. As best as I can figure he has a pile of S. American wood and just sells it as German WW1 stocks. Let the buyer beware.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.