Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,915 Posts
My last unattached G. 98 sling brought $300 at a show and that was a few years ago. I brought a rare G. 98 with original sling to show an advanced Mauser collector at the last Tulsa show and ended-up keeping both under the table to limit handling. These slings have become as expensive as decent examples for Civil War muskets.

· Banned
1,915 Posts
Even K. 98 slings are now 70+ years old and most G. 98 slings are at the century mark, agewise. Like much else manufactured in Europe during late WWII, the quality of most late Mauser slings was such that they dried out quickly and broke easily. During the 50s and 60s 98K slings on the loose were scarce because several militaries were still using them. $100 is about right for one around here and they're usually pretty tired at that price. I no longer sell nice ones. My 1915 98 AZ has its original sling still in serviceable condition but I haven't seen a genuine example of that sling in years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.