Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,609 Posts
I think you Gents have just seen a typically priced period Gew 98 sling. All things considered, the price is pretty much where I would have expected it to. I sold several slings over the years and as long as 10 years ago I sold two example like this in good condition for $225 each. Prices have been steadily rising over the past ten years. I would by no means expect that this price was out of line.

For this reason, I don't collect them either. I have several examples that were acquired along with a rifles and the examples I sold were picked up for very low prices at a Belgian militaria show when I was working for a company whose headquarters are in Brussels. I resold them at home to help fund another purchase.

Warmest regards,

JPS

· Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,609 Posts
Could be?.......Like I said, I sold two slings years ago for $225 each and would be surprised if prices haven't increased since then? But I don't have a dog in this hunt, so don't sweat it. ;>)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.