Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Gew98 with a buggered stock. The front piece that inserts into the bayonet lug has been cut. I doubt this could be repaired with a duffle cut repair since the wood is very thin at this point on the stock. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find a replacement stock?

· Banned
7,260 Posts
If the stock is unaltered other than the duffle-cut you might be able to use the nose off a 98/22 or even a Turked GEW98 stock as a repair piece.
I have a guy that does excellent "nose-jobs" on duffle-cut or missing nose section stocks if you need somebody to repair it.
He might even have the part you need.
Send me a PM if interested..

8,111 Posts
It can be repaired easily, do as chasdev suggests. It's not as if you will be needing to use the bayonet so a simple repair will be easy enough. If you need a piece of stock, a damaged 98 of almost any type with the same front band can provide the piece of wood. Save the stock you have if at all possible.

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock has been sanded at some point in its history. So, I am not to overly concerned with trying to save this stock. I think I will see if I can find someone to do a duffle repair, and then try to find a stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.