Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a WW1 Gew 98 sniper rifle that has been sporteried, The rifle is a 1914 Spandau. Has the bases on it. They look like the bases on the M95 Austrian rifle.on page 68 the german sniper 1914-1945
The safety is a armourer replacement, bolt looks like it is a AZ bolt. Same serial number 1650 same as the receiver. One number looks like it is a over stamp. The, cocking piece, sear, magazine follower, floorolate, triggerguard, rear guard screw, front guard screw stock, hannd guard, upper band are matching. The extractor, bolt sleeve are numbered 61. The butt plate is stamped 2310 and has a armourer repair mark 6 MAINZ. The bore is very nice. I plan to restore this sniper if I can. Inclosed is some pictures of this rifle. I would be grateful for any help in restoring this sniper rifle.I need a lower band number 50 a bayonet lug numbered 50 A part of a stock to replace the part that was cut off. a cleaning rod. And a correct scope with rings.
Regards
bob

·
Registered
644 Posts
This rig is going to be tough to restore. The offset mounts are very rare WWI period! All you can do is keep looking on Ebay for the proper scope and rings. You should also try Gun Broker and Auction Arms. It may take you a year or more before the correct scope and rings come along, or you could find them today. No telling, but good luck with your project. It is a nice find.

About the stock. Try Numrich Gunparts Corp. or Sarco both online firms that might have a Turk Gew98 stock set!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts