Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rod came with my Czech 98/22. It looks like it has an imperial mark on it, but its kind of blurred so I can't tell. Neither of my Gewehrs have cleaning rods so I have no way to compare. It looks like at one time there were threads in the top but now that area is blocked, maybe by part of another rod. Can anyone tell by the picture? sorry its kind of dark. The 98/22 is pretty much all Czech with Persian sight and bolt, but it has an imperial bayonet lug/nose cap on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I'm at it, how much do 98/22 with Persian sights go for these days? I'm thinking about selling it; my focus is more towards Gewehrs right now and I haven't shot it in a year.

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I need a tutorial on taking indoor pictures. These seem better, I put the rod on a USPS box. I should quit using the table as a background for my indoor pictures.

So I'm pretty sure there is the end of another rod broken in the end of this rod, as there are threads in the opening. I tried to show this in picture 4 but they're so small they don't really show up. The serial is 58,

8,111 Posts
Looks Imperial to me, but Bill should be the final judge. The broken off threads in the front are not unusual. When two rods are threaded together for field cleaning, there is a lot of stress and it is easy to break the threaded section off if care is not excersized.

· Registered
1,567 Posts
It's as we think - imperial. If you have a specific serialed rod you seek drop me a line, I may have what you seek on a rods for rod trade.
I have literally repaired dozens of rods with threaded ends broke off in the tulip. Using a small drill bit I then insert a small ground to shape allen wrench and turn out the broken bit. Sometimes this requires an application of the hot wrench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.