Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the sniper swede photos on the net. There appear to be some variations in how the bolt was altered.

Can anyone suggest a gunsmith who could bend the bolt correctly ?

Here are two photos. Looks like a cutoff and reweld process to me.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Been looking at the sniper swede photos on the net. There appear to be some variations in how the bolt was altered.

Can anyone suggest a gunsmith who could bend the bolt correctly ?

Here are two photos. Looks like a cutoff and reweld process to me.

Top is torch bent, bottom is manufactured that way.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,203 Posts
Swedish M41 and M41b snipers were made up by torch bending the bolt handle . We have seen a few replacement bolts of the M38 forged down types . These are readily available from Numrich , SARCO , etc .

Jim Roberts is a Gunboards supporter & advertiser that can bend a Swedish straight bolt like a M41/M41b sniper . It may take up to 6 months to get it done , because of a large backlog . Here is a link .

http://www.mosinnagant.net/Boltman/Boltman.html

·
Gold Bullet member
8,514 Posts
Swedish M41 and M41b snipers were made up by torch bending the bolt handle . We have seen a few replacement bolts of the M38 forged down types . These are readily available from Numrich , SARCO , etc . Jim Roberts is a Gunboards supporter & advertiser that can bend a Swedish straight bolt like a M41/M41b sniper . It may take up to 6 months to get it done , because of a large backlog . Here is a link . http://www.mosinnagant.net/Boltman/Boltman.html
+1 "Boltman" Jim Robert. You will have to be patient, but the results will be well worth the wait. (I had a spare bolt that was correct for headspace.) "Boltman's" work is industrial art. He also has an M96 and can bend the bolt so that it clears the stock without needing to remove any wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts