Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to my PSL, I decided to go ahead and finally purchase an Ak-47. My question is this, what is the best one to buy under 750$? I've heard mixed reviews of Wasr's, and was wondering what other options are available. I'm looking for a fixed stock, tradition Ak look.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,812 Posts
For under $750 you wont get an AK47, you will get an AKM most likely.

WASR10 is a good rifle to start with, just make sure its not canted.
Can find them for around $500 which is alot better than a month ago when the norm was 7 bills!

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
revan, was gonna give you a heads up on a WASR sidefolder at auction, ending real soon, but your E-mail and PM is not on. oh well. it was 599.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
my understanding is they are maadi rifles made with chinese parts, the most undesirable of all the different maadi ak's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
revan, was gonna give you a heads up on a WASR sidefolder at auction, ending real soon, but your E-mail and PM is not on. oh well. it was 599.
Strange, according to my options both are enabled.

And WOW, I just started looking at AK prices on different web sites, I can't believe how much they went up. I've only been out of the gun game a few months, but I seem to remember Wasrs for under 400 easy. Damn gun scare. None of the gun stores around me ever carry anything besides shotguns and bolt guns usually, and I just don't know if I can bring myself to spend 5-600+ for a Wasr that I can't personally inspect.

I guess for now I'll just keep an eye out on gunbroker, but in my experience most of their stuff is generally overpriced. Thanks for the advice all!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Keep an eye out at the local pawn shops, too. I picked up a Norinco MAK90 last July for $400 out the door. Seems to be a bit better-built than my trusty old Saiga 7.62, and shoots a bit better as well. No scope mount on it, but I've got a scope on the Saiga, so I figure I'm covered...

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
i buy a good bit of stuff off gunbroker, lots of deals to be found, you just have to look often. started out years ago buying off AuctionArms, killer deals, then everybody found out about it, now not so many deals there, but i still look. and revan, if you really want an aK, i would'nt put it off too long..... a 600 dollar or less maadi off gunbroker is not bad.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
In addition to my PSL, I decided to go ahead and finally purchase an Ak-47. My question is this, what is the best one to buy under 750$? I've heard mixed reviews of Wasr's, and was wondering what other options are available. I'm looking for a fixed stock, tradition Ak look.
Revanx22, I would be patient, as the price of these types of rifles will eventually stabilize, once the panic buying frenzy is over with. Seen this crap before, and the distributors will try to milk it for ALL that it's worth. Try to buy a quality piece, not some POS junk, as some have advised. A milled receiver would be the best option in my opinion, whatever flavor you choose. A Century Galil/Golani comes to mind, for me, for value. Arsenal is a great option, but, very expensive, currently. SAR's are nice, if you look for the right qualities, or lack of qualities. There are many other AK's out there, and you should do your own home work, and research on them. Bottom line,... my advice to you, would be to save your money, and buy one of the many AK's that will be available once the feeding frenzy is over with, and a lot of people realize they screwed-up, and can't afford the card payments!!!! Just my take on the current situation.

Michael

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,812 Posts
Revanx22, I would be patient, as the price of these types of rifles will eventually stabilize, once the panic buying frenzy is over with. Seen this crap before, and the distributors will try to milk it for ALL that it's worth. Try to buy a quality piece, not some POS junk, as some have advised. A milled receiver would be the best option in my opinion, whatever flavor you choose. A Century Galil/Golani comes to mind, for me, for value. Arsenal is a great option, but, very expensive, currently. SAR's are nice, if you look for the right qualities, or lack of qualities. There are many other AK's out there, and you should do your own home work, and research on them. Bottom line,... my advice to you, would be to save your money, and buy one of the many AK's that will be available once the feeding frenzy is over with, and a lot of people realize they screwed-up, and can't afford the card payments!!!! Just my take on the current situation.

Michael
Yes the frenzy will be over shortly... When they make a ban bill, then it wont be a frenzy. It will be chaos.

You think its bad now? Give it 3-6 months. It will be worse.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
i kinda have to bet like NCR. IF people need the money bad enough to unload, hi cap semis are still gonna be HIGH, not cheap. i say get 'er while you can.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
i kinda have to bet like NCR. IF people need the money bad enough to unload, hi cap semis are still gonna be HIGH, not cheap. i say get 'er while you can.
I disagree, and believe that you guys are contributing to the feeding frenzy. I'm basing my statement upon previous history, been there, done that. "When they make a ban bill, then it wont be a frenzy. It will be chaos." History has proven that Dem Prez's that were elected from the left, HAVE governed from the center(BTW, I didn't vote for BHO). There are enough Dem pro gunners, and Rep pro gunners, that it'll never go through both houses, and BHO has TOO many other issues on his, and the Dem's plate to worry about. Such as the $hit for an economy problem, and many more pressing issues. If the Dem's focus on gun issues(esoterical), they risk a huge backlash by the voting public(NRA, are you a member?), for not addressing the MAIN issues at hand(too numerous to list), and not focusing on the MAIN issue, of the economy!!!!
Michael

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I disagree, and believe that you guys are contributing to the feeding frenzy. I'm basing my statement upon previous history, been there, done that. "When they make a ban bill, then it wont be a frenzy. It will be chaos." History has proven that Dem Prez's that were elected from the left, HAVE governed from the center(BTW, I didn't vote for BHO). There are enough Dem pro gunners, and Rep pro gunners, that it'll never go through both houses, and BHO has TOO many other issues on his, and the Dem's plate to worry about. Such as the $hit for an economy problem, and many more pressing issues. If the Dem's focus on gun issues(esoterical), they risk a huge backlash by the voting public(NRA, are you a member?), for not addressing the MAIN issues at hand(too numerous to list), and not focusing on the MAIN issue, of the economy!!!!
Michael
Hmmmm, well, I ain't the brightest guy in the world but like the line in "Scarface": "Never underestimate the other guys greed". The same could be said of liberals and guns-never underestimate their greed for our rights. I remember when Bush 41 banned 16 assault rifles from being imported in 1989. I started buying hi-cap mags then because I thought that would be the next thing they'd go after-my friends thought I was just being paranoid. Guess what happened? I'm not the wisest guy on these boards but the longer I live, and the more I see, the less I use the word "never".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.