Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on a weekend trip to visit a friend and he knew a guy who had some bayonets. Went there and saw the Win95, Mosin M91 and an early sawback butcher. Ended up with the whole lot as the total was about what I had with me to spend and seller wanted to sell them all in one batch :)
Now to sort them up and let go what is not in my area of interest, hopefully I can have some help here regarding markings.

The Jungle Carbine is undated and I have been informed the early ones are not?
The sawback butcher is marked 3.P.2. 97. ERFURT dated 06, leather scabbard and orig.frog.
The M71-84 is marked B.15.R9.5 Dated 88 V.C.SHILLING SUHL nice but unmarked scabbard and frog looks period.

Best Regards / Henry

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Henry

Good looking instant collection !

Think I can interpret the markings:-

3.P.2. 97. - 3rd Pioneer Battalion (3. Rheinisches (Festungs-) Pionier-Bataillon Nr.30). 2nd Company. Weapon 97.

B.15.R.9.5. - Bavarian 15th Infantry Regiment (Kgl. Bayer. 15. Infanterie-Regiment König Friedrich August von Sachsen) 9th Company. 5th Weapon.

Regards

Richie

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for input :)
Paid 2K US for the blade lot pictured and when the ones I don´t need are sold I´ll know if it was good or not.

Regards / Henry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.