Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first posted this in the Swedish forum to confirm it was for a Lahti and is a fake. It was confirmed it was for a Lahti, maybe the holster is not a repro but the Nazi mark might be fake.

Now I am posting this here to get feedback on the Nazi mark.

I bought this holster in a lot that came with a Beretta M35 mag and holster I wanted. It was listed as a reproduction and there was no mention of the Nazi stamp on the inside. It looks too new to me to be original. But vintage Lahti holsters are plentiful and cheap, around $30, so why make a repro? I also cannot find any reference for repros having been made nor anything about a Nazi stamp on them. But the Danish were occupied, used black holsters and had Lahti's.

I have no need for it and would like to sell it off but need to know exactly what I have before doing so.

So what say the experts? A fake stamp on a real holster? A fake stamp on a repro holster? Or.... actually vintage and a real stamp?

Thanks...

·
Silver Bullet member
2,208 Posts
I have a Danish holster with a Danish Lahti I bought it over 25 years ago. It was the only gun my father ever told me I should buy, condition was excellent and the holster looks just like yours.
It does not have the buzzard stamp only a faint crown ink stamp.

The local surplus shop got in a box of over 50 lahti holsters years ago and I priced each and everyone as I picked thru them. They ranged in condition from total smashed ground up trash to just about this nice. None had the buzzard stamp or a crown like mine. Some did have names printed in ink under the flap. A couple had lanyards stuffed in the toe, . . . I removed and bought them.

I think you got a nice holster someone stamped recently.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,775 Posts
FWTW, your fake stamp is an SS eagle, as opposed to a Wehrmacht or political eagle. It has center pointed wingtips. Unquestionably fake.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.