Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the local classifieds today, didn't last too long at $175 shipped. Seller disclosed that although it extracts fine the ejection is less than perfect and needs work.
Receiver is stamped "Original Jung Roland", his research has found it was made by Hubertus Metallwerke in Moln.
It looked rather appealing to me, but I didn't act on it for lack of knowledge. Looks very Mauserish to me, especially the bolt and receiver. The barrel is appears to be grooved like a MS or ES350.
Just curious if anyone has any more insight as to what this is:
-manufacture date
-value
-quality
Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was the one who bought it. I will update when it arrives.

Was able to find a small amount of Info on other sites. Appears that an air gun manufacturer under the direction of Willi Korth decided to venture into small caliber rifles. A number of sites place the value around that of an CZ 452 ($400+ish). I am going to give it a quick go and see how she shoots... but I have now fallen for lever .22s so it might find its way to another owner soon enouph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rifle showed up today and all I can say is WOW !!!

What a beauty, I almost feel guilty for what I paid for it.
Has some very BRNO looks and boy does it weigh up somewhere around 9 pounds. The trigger is like breaking thin glass rod. The action is soild but very smooth and positive.
This definatly is a full size adult rifle.

I will take it out this week if it's not raining and I'll bring back a range report.

·
Silver Bullet member
6,066 Posts
The developer of this rifle, Willi Korth, was responsible for making some of the very finest mass-production handguns, air rifles and small-calibre rifles ever produced. The Jung Roland trademark was applied to some VERY expensive air rifles and .22 cal rifles, like yours. I had a Korth .357Mag target revolver - bought in Berlin in 1983, it cost me the equivalent of almost $2500, back then.

You are VERY fortunate - a friend of mine in Berlin would have said that you stole it for less than $1500 in that condition.

tac

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now feel guilty...thanks.. :)

This thing is mint almost in new condition. The former owner mentioned he has owned it for 20+ years and has been babied when out.
I glassed it up with a vintage tasco japan target scope and it really looks and shoulders nice. The local gun shop owner was amazed at the quaility and his jaw did drop when I told him the price. If it would ever stop raining I would like to try it out. Looks like friday the rain will stop.

·
Silver Bullet member
6,066 Posts
YOU can tell us the marking on the barrel and action that will show the date and the proof-house that dated it. Look for a symbol and two numbers - like 73 - that means 1973, na klar?

tac

·
Banned
10,252 Posts
It is surely a work of art. I can see some Walther influence in it, and quite some Gehmann influence IMHO too.

I dislike beech a LOT, but they made that wood even look incredibly nice.

I am very envious of that rifle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
quick update

So after a few weeks and nothing but rain I had it in the shop to look at the ejection problem. After looking over the rifle the gunsmith came back with this possible fix for the ejection problem... The extractor isn't gripping the cartridge rim properly and it falls off before it makes it to the ejection tab. He is thinking that if he machines the groove for the extractor it will grab better and hold on properly. However he needs to buy a new cutter for the hardend steel bolt. He did try all the other options but this looks to be the only way as no factory replacement extractors exist....Anyone want to buy a gun :)... It's really pretty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.