Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I picked these both up separately over the past couple years and I’d like some opinions on real or no deal.

1. Armband patch. It’s just the patch. The background red felt is just for a background in the ziplock bag.

Brown Font Logo Number Symbol
Font Textile Beige Illustration Headgear
Number Font Textile Symbol Pillow

Hitler Youth Knife. I’m thinking this is a repro, even though when I bought it the guy said it’s the real deal:

Knife Blade Dagger Cutting tool Tool
Knife Blade Dagger Cutting tool Bowie knife
Latch Door handle Wood Handle Hardware accessory
Knife Blade Dagger Bowie knife Hunting knife
Knife Blade Cutting tool Tool Dagger

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks. What do you think the value as a repro is? I think I paid about $50-$75 a couple years ago.
The dagger looks well made so you didn't do bad and me calling it a repro might have been a little harsh. It doesn't look like the cheap repros on the market today so I should have called it post war manufactured. It may have been made using the same machinery. Does the diamond wiggle a little when you tap it? The originals did.

A general rule to remember is if any dagger says "Germany" or "Made in Germany" it is post war. But at least it was made there and not in China.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fake daggers and regalia have flooded the market, many I'm told coming from Poland. I've seen some lovely stuff come up at auctions and estate sales and I won't touch it unless I know the provenance. I have some Prussian and Austrian stuff that came from the estate of an old veteran so I know the stuff is period. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have touched it. Even experts are being fooled (this told to me by an expert who got fooled).

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
As previously stated you should be able to hold dagger and “jiggle” the diamond a little bit on a real one. Also the pommel usually gets the most wear first if real so surprised that the blade is worn but pommel is mint. When inspecting items to see if real or fake look for honest wear, meaning wear in the most common areas, blade edge, pommel, high spots edges, etc.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Good quality German made replica Youth knife. Forget when, but the German made knives were discontinued roughly, if not more, than 10 years ago.

Cheap copies are being made in China, of Youth knives, Heer, SS, ect daggers.

INDIA is producing copies of the SA and SS daggers...but the quality is much less than even the old Spanish made copies.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I concur on hj dagger now, looked at on laptop monitor, was judging initially from phone screen. Didn't notice details, but yes it is copy , although well made.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'd suggest a post WW2 German boy scout's knife similar to the one on the link below. I've heard of these knives before, almost the same as HJ knives but without the Nazi embellishments. Some have, allegedly, been "re-nazified" which rather messes them up in my view because the knife was made post WW2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.