Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Dang, that's a cool one. Possibly in its original stock too.

Even without the German connection I would have expected that price to go higher. You don't see SA marked 1942s that often.

Worst part is that I saw that auction (rifle is in my database) but apparently totally missed the blued bolt. Oops. :tisk:

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,168 Posts
I was watching that one, too. The serial number on the butt plate does not match that of the receiver, and the floor plate is scrubbed. More of a 'parts gun' of this type.
Pat

·
Banned
511 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,168 Posts
Not frequently, but they can sometimes be found. Most of the time they're either pre-war or Finnish replacements.
Pat

·
Registered
265 Posts
He had that rifle at the Indy 1500 for $399 I think.

He had just sold that Chat M91 on gunbroker for big money and I heard him telling someone how great he was doing on gunbroker and that was the way to go.

I usually agree but it's not 100%. It also takes the fun out of gun shows. If he had it out at $250 or $300 I would have bought it but I'm guessing he had it out at a higher price thinking if it didn't sell there he'd get that on gunbroker.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
One thing I've noticed on many of the '42 and later Finn capture/purchased rifles is the SA and D are next to each other just above the woodline on the left side of the barrel. A normal spot for the SA but not the D. Mine is like that as well as the one in the auction.

Metal

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I've noticed on many of the '42 and later Finn capture/purchased rifles is the SA and D are next to each other just above the woodline on the left side of the barrel. A normal spot for the SA but not the D. Mine is like that as well as the one in the auction.

View attachment 1906201

I agree and have wondered about that in the past - I think it is mostly the German guns. They must have gone through one place with one guy who did it that way vs. how we normally see the D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.