Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me a German ERMA .22 caliber rifle that does not have a bolt. Does anyone know where I may find a bolt for this rifle? I know absolutely zero about this type of rifle and would like to get this rectified while I still can manage at this point. My wife will not be able to figure this out. I presume the rifle possibly is a pre-WW Two commercial small caliber rifle, possibly for youth training. It probably is not worth much even if it would have the bolt, but without the bolt it is virtually worthless. Still and all it would be a nice single shot rifle for a young shooter.

Marking on the rifle says "ERMA" ERFURTER MASCHINEN-U WERKZEUGFABRIK G.M.B.H. ABT. GEWEHRFABRIK. ERFURT13435
Wood Natural material Trigger Musical instrument Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cool rifle. I have one that looks like a K98k. Bolt is gonna be tough to find. Assuming you have tried Numrich/Gun Parts. How bout Simpson, Ltd. (they have multiple pages of similar rifles for sale; may be a slight chance they got a spare bolt running around). Sometimes Old Arms of Idaho gets some odd/exotic stuff in, as does BRP Corps. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
This is going to be One of the long term projects........

I would put her in the corner and beat the local and national shows if you go and see what you find....

Also put a WTB on the trader and BTT every few months.....

I am sure the bolt is out there but willl be a tough find..... Best of luck....

·
Silver Bullet member
2,236 Posts
I carried one around to gun shows for over a decade before I found a bolt. Most bolts are not marked and people dont know what they fit. Many mothers took the bolt out so that the gun would be safe and it could not hurt anyone. It then just got lost.

My mother bought a similar gun for me at auction and was so pleased that she got it for $200. She just knew I could fix the broken stock and get it to work again. Well I did but it did not happen over night

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is the successor model of the Erma Wenzel carbine which was just build in the intermediate period between the Wenzel and the E27 model. Given the serial number it was build either very late in 1926 or early in 1927. The Wenzel carbine bolt should fit. The bolt has a safety lever at its back similar to the K98k which should make your search easier. I do have a bolt and receiver here from an scrapped Wenzel. But I am based across the pond which makes it not easy to just send it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts