Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy that I sell next to at the flea market always has some neat stuff. Mostly non military. He brought these in last weekend, and I don't know what to think about them. He says they were from an old man's estate, and were said to be bringbacks from the war. The larger one is marked made in Germany, and the smaller one is not. Approx size of the large on is 11 in or so. Smaller one is approx 8 in or so. Real or fantasy, and if real, what would be a ballpark value on these? Looks fake to me, but honestly, I don't have a clue. Also, any ideas on the cloth items in the back? Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Made in Germany?? In English????? Obviously directly from a high level Nazi..most likely Himmler ..Skulls on a cross are Tacky..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Crosses of that style are (were) very common in europe. Kids would get one at their communion, couples who got married received one (often as a present from the priest). They could be german, but not necessarily. If it's marked "made in Germany" then it's post war of course.
Value? (Over here) None. There's thousands floating around at fleamarkets.
Best regards, A

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The skull/crossbones is a WW 1 insignia and the made in Germany is a mark commonly found on imported items in the 1920s & 30s.
I would venture to guess that the value here in the US is practicaly zero.
Sarge

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
In THIS case the skull and bones have no military connection, they are the sign of man's mortality in the christian context.

Best regards, A

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
You can see lots of these type crucifixes in Texas, And Mexico. Very popular with old world Catholics. Also, the skull and bones appears quite a lot, on the blade of Knights Templar swords. As stated, a symbol of man's mortality.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Also, any ideas on the cloth items in the back? Thanks

Looks like everyone's so transfixed ( pun intended ) by the crosses they've totally missed the very likely "real" cloth items! The long one seems to be some sort of Hitler Jugend/Hitler Youth pennant; the triangular one looks like what the Nazi Party Handbook reproduced in Vol. 23 of the Illustrated World War II Encyclopedia calls "Ordinary Party Pennant". These are unusual and specific enough I doubt they've been reproduced - but of course that could be wrong, due to the staggering number and kind of fakes currently available. IMO they look good, though.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's harder to be definite about those ... Unfortunately I can't help you there.
Brgds, A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts