Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun is at the Texas Air Museum in Slaton Texas. It was found in Norway and brought to the United States about 10 years ago.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,730 Posts
Pretty ratty condition, as is the case of a lot of equipment simply set out in the elements. Still, you don't see a lot of Flak guns sitting all ready to go.

I don't think I've ever visited the Texas Air Museum the times I've been through Slaton. Always tend to think of it as home to one of the Iron Horses of the Santa Fe Trail that pas put to pasture there. One of the big 2-6-2s, I think one of the same class as the 2020 that pulled Death Valley Scotty on the Coyote Special part of its record run from LA to Chicago in what was it - 1905?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gun is in better condition then the picture shows. We have started sandblasting it so that we can repaint it and then it will go inside for display in a diorama. The legs still pivot, the leveling jacks turn freely,the gun rotates and the spades are original.

·
93,730 Posts
Good to hear that. And especially that it will be going inside after it is surface prepped and repainted.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,819 Posts
The gun is in better condition then the picture shows. We have started sandblasting it so that we can repaint it and then it will go inside for display in a diorama. The legs still pivot, the leveling jacks turn freely,the gun rotates and the spades are original.
Does it work ??

·
93,730 Posts
And what else is in the collection?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a Type 95 75mm artillery piece (pictures are in the Japanese Forum). We have on static display a F9F cougar, F4, F14, F101, F105, T2, T33 and A7 jets, a huey and cobra helicopter, Gemini and Apollo training capsules. Flying aircraft are Taylorcraft BC-12D and L2, and a Stintson Reliant AT 19. In restoration is a FW109F-4 which flew in North Africa (Black 9 which flew with the 5th staffel of JG27), a T6, and a NA 64

·
Registered
490 Posts
That's a bad sucker right there...

Glad to see you guys are restoring it.

·
93,730 Posts
The twin-mount 12.7 cms were worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts