Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Interesting thank you, and I agree about the “tacticool” crap. I assume Iron sight is a company?
yep

they do good work too,

the refurbed an ART II for me and a handful of older weavers

https://ironsightinc.com/

click the redfield link, reticle number 1 or 2 may be what you are looking for,
Yes! Reticle number 1 is exactly what I’m looking for. God bless you!

So I have a dumb question; why was this #1 reticle in the redfield area? Like are redfield scopes the only ones that this is an option on?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Remember rear base adjustable most are.
some have two adjustments in scope body..
26 mm rings expensive if quality is desired.
I think the older Weaver post reticle scopes are pretty close to the German #1. You can still pick up some of the older Weaver scopes from Ebay but they are pretty pricey now.
Almost all the US based scope makers had some version of the German #1 reticle in their offerings. I have vintage post & cross hair scopes from Weaver, Leupold, Redfield and Bausch & Lomb on some of my rifles. Most US hunters and target shooters prefer duplex reticles though.
Gary
Thanks guys. I appreciate it

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think Meopta still has the #1 reticle available on some of their higher end scopes. Not long ago they offered it in their 6x42mm Meopro model. Might find one of those still floating around new with some searching. They are one of the few companies that still offer the #4 reticle frequently too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think Meopta still has the #1 reticle available on some of their higher end scopes. Not long ago they offered it in their 6x42mm Meopro model. Might find one of those still floating around new with some searching. They are one of the few companies that still offer the #4 reticle frequently too.
thank you, what country are they out of?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,399 Posts
Yes! Reticle number 1 is exactly what I’m looking for. God bless you!

So I have a dumb question; why was this #1 reticle in the redfield area? Like are redfield scopes the only ones that this is an option on?

don't think so, I think they just put the options in that section vs repeating it in the various pages,

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
View attachment 3700447 Leopoldo closest I could fine..modified 1#
Leupolds calls this version the "Pig Plex", they also offer a standard version without the ring at the cross.
I've been using this version for a couple of months, I didn't know how well it would work for me but, so far, I like it.
The scope is a 1 to 4x28mm objective.
It's mounted on a CZ 527 in 222 Remington.
I tweaked my handloads so that, with a 100 yard zero the bottom of the ring works at 50 yards and the top at 200.
You can also use the ring for rough range estimation.
No muss, no fuss.
I also found a bolt on rail for this gun (it normally uses proprietary rings), that, combined with low rings, allows a solid cheekweld.
I also got fed up with the overly complicated, useless and expensive reticles on most scopes.

I do not know if this reticle is offered on other models.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
:thumbsup: New, warranty, all adjustments in scope..fresh modernization on an older idea.
i had shepherds scope once nice by tooooo full of activity..
I got a Austrian Swarovski..replacing it on my 300 mag.
6x36 straight power..kick over weaver mounts sights for Brush!

·
Gold Bullet member
7,519 Posts
I have one of the Meopta 6X scopes with German #1 reticle. Camera Land - Gunboards sponsor - had these on clearance a while back.
https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1093561-quot-Faux-quot-M41-M96-NDT-BadAce-Gen-2-Scope-Mount&highlight=faux+m41

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply. Meopta is out of the Czech Republic. They really do make fine optics. They have done manufacturing for Cabelas on their "Instinct" line of scopes. Also Meopta produced the early "Conquest" line of scopes for Zeiss. As far as glass and mechanics quality Meopta is no second rate producer........in my opinion anyway. The Artemsi and Meopro series' tend to be their more affordable scopes.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,519 Posts
ba-l-14-2.jpg Pic shows how the German #1 reticle can achieve precise aim.
This is a customized Leupold scope. Leupold does not sell scopes with the German #1, but many can be retrofitted, or custom built. Unfortunately prices these days have soared. When I got into these Leupold's custom order prices were very reasonable.

BTW this scope is on a BadAce NDT mount on a Finn M39. Bolt replacement with a PU sniper-type bolt body is necessary. Since the Mosin Nagant has a separate bolt head, there is no problem with head space. ba-l-14-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply. Meopta is out of the Czech Republic. They really do make fine optics. They have done manufacturing for Cabelas on their "Instinct" line of scopes. Also Meopta produced the early "Conquest" line of scopes for Zeiss. As far as glass and mechanics quality Meopta is no second rate producer........in my opinion anyway. The Artemsi and Meopro series' tend to be their more affordable scopes.
hello, KirkP. an add-on comment about this post. about your statement that Meopta produced the early Zeiss 'conquest' scopes. just this week i mounted and was shooting with an 'early conquest' that's been on the shelf for 'too long' i was completely impressed with the clarity of the scope; shooting at dusk, as the light faded. it made my old peepers feel young again. i have long read the good comments about the Meopta scopes, but have never previously used one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This past year Simpson LTD imported a bunch of Husqvarna sporting rifles and several had various brands of German optics. I bought 2 of these rifles and both had the German No1 reticles plus the scopes had the very expensive claw mounts. It's amazing that these old German optics still have crystal clear glass. Just a few days ago Simpson LTD got in a consignment shipment from Sweden of 1700 firearms, so I might be buying a few more rifles like these 2.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
nice, i have about 4-5 Pecars to put on rifles if when i get motivated<><dan
nice look rifle name on those scopes?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts