Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would suck to have to find that one last clip if you were in a panic!

Does anyone know the context of this picture? Is this an actual combat load out? A stagged photo?
Combat loadout, staged photo. In the Caucasus, they were similar to the Mexicans & Balkans when it came to not using cartridge pouches

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
Grenades, wrist watch... Is the photo dated?

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,092 Posts
When you can't swing the funds for ammo AND a plate carrier...

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
And... adding my local "flavor" to the conversation... First, 'on point': hoping the costume of comment here wasn't local camouflage, much less "stealth" or introducing "plausible deniability to "black ops"! Also noting what appears to be a grenade device proximate to the wearer's local "jewels", oh my! As sadistic enemy perhaps targeting the grenade... OH MY!

Second as diverting 'bit off point' to: "Georgia", as "what's in a name...?" Context of contemporary "uniforms encounter"! The problem: Nation of this Thread, as locally: საქართველო (common spelling :)) Local nationals' pronunciation, sounding like "Sakh-art-velo". Russian same context sounding as "Gruziya"! As us, as "Georgia"! With particular hazards!

Arline tickets! Insuring correct air destination code "ATL" or "TBS"! Lest disembarking, destination not looking like Hart Field Atlanta. Guys in strange uniforms exuding neither typical "Southern" in accent nor hospitality! Official reference to "local bars" destination portending "accommodations", rather than "welcoming watering holes"!

My definite, supercilious take!
Best!
John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts