Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't EVER ask this type of question, but what is the going price for genuine Soviet era Mak holsters, complete with the rod?

I was given 3 Soviet Mak holsters from a lady I met on a train from Moscow to Novosibirsk. She was Transport Military, and she sent me her Ushanka, camo hat, many badges, epaulettes, "Sam Browne" belt, water flask, and 6 wrist compasses.

One holster is well used - obviously her day-to-day one (the tool has the circular clip through the jag hole that seems common for Russian troops to do). The other two are as new, but ALL bear her initials and a unit motto penned into the inner flap.

Any idea on the value of the two unissued ones? I do not wish to keep those, as I have no use for them (as well as 5 of the compasses)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Epay is full of them for $5 or so. I see new ones at area gun shows for that. Cleaning rods are about $2-$3.

SlimTim

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought mine for $ 5. each, all leather mint unissued Russian, EG and Bulg. Is that what I paid ST?

I paid $ 15. for EG camo ones.
I see crazy gun shop owners selling them in their shops for $ 35-65. each!
I wonder if they ever sell?
GES.......................

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I imagine so, can't recall for certain. I occasionally have EG and/or Russian holsters on my table at gun shows, prices have run from $5 to $7. I don't think I would have sold you a Bulgarian for $5, too hard to come by! :)

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Vulch, sounds like an interesting holster. Can you post a pic of the markings.
Somedays I think there were about 10 holsters made for every East German Makarov manufactuered. The holsters used to be everywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts