Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Banned
7,260 Posts
Very nice land, but a bit cold for this Texan..
Is that a new Japanese carb on that old generator?
It looks like military surplus from the 1950's/1960's.

· Banned
909 Posts
really cold ? :laugh: it`s not. yes I mounted it and made it the most economy generator, only 1.1 liter of cheapest gasoline in hour, it`s started easily, surplus 1986 anew from Minsk arsenals :) I prefer all surplus, but electronics :)

· Registered
68 Posts
One of the best units people can look at is converting to a bi or tri fuel combination. A generator that can run on gas, propane or natural gas is a unit that can extend its versatility. As fuels can be used that you don't have to worry abut their stability over time. Even where I work our Giant generators are set up to start on Diesel than convert to Natural Gas if it is available. Having a second unit to work in conjunction with the other unit is good way to go, as one unit rests and is being serviced with fuel/oil change/ cooling down, the other can pick up the slack. Prevents them from burning up.

Good grounding rods can make a huge difference in the performance of the engine, more so if it is being used for any form of power of communication devices, as it will reduce static/interference.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.