Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
909 Posts
I bought military generator АБ-4 about 4-6 kw nominal and 8-14 kw maximal (not for a long time)
electric an kick starter, have a regulated coolant, eternal filter, can use any fuel (very very bad gasoline 60-80 octane level (maybe diesel if started on gasoline), haven`t any elektronik components, 4,5 liter of oil in engine, visible oil pressure indicator !, fuel pump can use any outstanding fuel tank (but I use original for 25 liters) First of all I changed carburator for new from 250 cc scooter, and bosch Cu spark plugs. I spend only 1.1 liters per hour (chipest gasoline) I don`t need to stop it during refilling.
I decided to mounted it inside in warm place because after -25 degree of Celsium below zero fuel does not evaporate in carburator, diesel good one but it,s not cheap ( a lot of parafine contains) and no one can start it in our winter without serious heating of all the fuel pumps lines filters and tank ( I saw a 100w lamp in the diesel fuel tank ) and of course price 250 $ for good made USSR :thumbsup: arsenal new generator, I use old car accumulators, in ten years I change only one seal ring, and nothing, and I have very very quality electricity all parameters are perfect, without any pulsation and overloads

· Banned
909 Posts
I live in Russia. In our country always something happends :confused: you can stay without electricity for a week easily, one time 12 years in winter magistral gas was down :mad, robbery :tisk:, thanks god that we don`t have earthquakes. I don`t know how you biuld your own houses, but when I biuld my, half undegrounded floor I made of half meter good concrete walls, all the rooms and technical areas and finish sauna :grin: was thought and isolated. My generator situated in the far corner, have fire proof door with door eye, big! automatic powder fire extinguisher, outside main switch, shock absorbers in slipway, generator mounted on it 40 sm above the floor for good service, all wires in metal tubes, and stainless dish under generator to prevent oil or fuel leaking. I don`t use magistral gas for it it`s cheap (and I have it) but extreamly dangerous, I made also separate boiler room with 40 kwt gas boiler, 100 l electric boiler and water treatment system, all water and heating pipes are copper made :thumbsup:. Outside I have artesian well and automatic septic with two 5 meters deep wells. Just in case on the first floor in kitchen I mounted old chech but with good ceramic furnace solid fuel stove also connected to heating mainline. My not so big (about 370 square meters) but we (with my father) biuld it for 15 years :p have 2 floors and half underground technical floor with ex garage (now fathers workshop with all kinds of machines and tools). Main two main floors made of 250 mm laminated timber :thumbsup: (almoust great material), three years ago we changed old windows to high emission three-chamber one (first floor with wrought iron railings, second with security film). Doors it was something amayzing, fathers friend worked in metal plant make a gift: garage bays and entrance door was made of 5 mm of alloyed semihardened steel with massive hunges and 20 sm channel frame (bays was mounted with great truck crane in the wall formwork before concrete filling) it was difficult to change old locks to abloy good one. Gable zinced steel roof have a long overhang (1.5 m) and proper tilt angle about 25 dgr, one part is always under the sun. Friend of mine make a gift: 10kwt interactive ups and now I have a idea of good solar power plant on my roof :thumbsup:

· Banned
909 Posts
really don`t understand your question, if you want modern house with all with modern comforts you`ll need to build house in downtown, if you want russian vast expanses and comfort you`ll need to find something interesting, a friend of mine find it here http://wikimapia.org/#lang=ru&lat=49.650543&lon=40.617721&z=16 hills, flax meadows, good outstanding homestead (with magistral gas, electricity, good road) nice hunting nearby. In september we go http://wikimapia.org/#lang=ru&lat=64.407266&lon=35.019801&z=16&m=b live for some weeks in fishmens hut in real wilderness with anything only camp led lamps - real fishing for salmon, hunting for goose and seal, but I prefer south downtown of Moscow nearby Gerard Depardieu house :crossfingers:

· Banned
909 Posts
yes, if you kill someone in self-defense `you`ll better give 5000$ to investigating officer now, because after you`ll give 30000$ to judge ;), driver license, laws, departmental belonging , all you want :grin:

· Banned
909 Posts
We don`t start anew, usually we have a flat in the city, and when we have some extra money we`ll buy some house in downtown, in far village, or maybe land, who was in Russia knows magic word "dacha" I`ll go hunting in such place (friend bought 120 acr of land) nearby (I know) his neighbor widow sells 5 acr with sauna, pond with fish. warm hotblock and unfinished (only brick walls) house (electricity 3 thase 25 kwt connected) only for 15000$ here http://wikimapia.org/#lang=ru&lat=56.359973&lon=39.216170&z=17 I`ll take the some photo.

Returning to problems with electricity - yesterday I went to my own house and was surprised - temperature only +2 C" inside, my UPS (only for gas boiler) with 200 Ah acc was fully discharged, generator was in manual start position - shit but not at all :( , water lines wasn`t damaged, started manually boiler to +20

· Banned
909 Posts
really cold ? :laugh: it`s not. yes I mounted it and made it the most economy generator, only 1.1 liter of cheapest gasoline in hour, it`s started easily, surplus 1986 anew from Minsk arsenals :) I prefer all surplus, but electronics :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.