Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through several 91/30s I had bought about 15 years ago. All are "refurbs". I recall at the time I bought them I had been told a 1942 Iz. had an "East German" marking on the receiver. If this was even true could someone help me on what the marking was? Also second question, has the debate been settled on what the marking "MO" means on one of these? (if anything). Thanks for help to anyone that replies.

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,575 Posts
On the East German question, you're probably referring to triangle 1, which was once thought by American collectors to be an East German mark. It has since been discovered to be the marking of a Soviet refurb depot. MO is still up in the air, though I believe there may be information coming to light on it soon.

·
Registered
655 Posts
According to m9130info website, MO is also just a refurb depot, Pavlovska Sloboda, Moscow District.

·
Registered
950 Posts
According to Ratnik's website (www.m9130.info) the triangle 1 stamp is a repair stamp belonging to Arsenal #109(formerly CABV#41) in Irkutsk. The MO stamp is a repair stamp belonging to ABV #38 in Pavlovska Sloboda, Moscow military district.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts