Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum . You have a super RARE rifle !!!!!!!!!! The only one I know of is in a museum in Sweden . There are photos in the book " Crown Jewels - the Mauser in Sweden , a Century of Accuracy & Precision " by Dana Jones . Can you post some photos ?

Here are the photos from the book :

Attachments

·
8,985 Posts
The handguard will be a tough one to find , but not necessary for shooting your rifle . If it is the same as a CG63 handguard , that would be a piece of luck . I just sold the only extra one I have ever had . I do have a complete CG63 stock set , but I cannot break up the set . I have the handguard spring if it is the same as a CG63 for $20 delivered . They look like they are the same . The Elit rear sight can be found here on this forum when Anders gets some diopters to sell , or EBAY or Gunbroker .

What a stroke of luck to find such a RARE rifle . I am envious !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
I think you have the envy of every mmber here who collects Swedes!!! Fantastic find. Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I agree with Dana and Swede. A very much ultra-rare rifle! Didnt become a success for the biathlon shooters. The few "m/Salla" ever made (Uno Sonnefelt invention) did see more use.
Please give us pics on your interesting find!
Regards,
ARILAR:)

·
8,985 Posts
No , the barrel is to thick to use a M-96 handguard . The M-41 handguard is identical to the M-96 & not really called a M-41 . As all M-41 & M-41b snipers were made from M-96's . He may be able to use a CG63 handguard . I have no idea if there is any difference in the two of them . Occasionally , you will find a CG63 handguard on EBAY or Gunbroker out of Sweden .

·
Silver Bullet member
50,691 Posts
excellent find steve welcome to the boards my friend.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If the handguard is the same as the CG63, then Trade-Ex Canada has some complete CG63 stocks for sale. It is possible that Anthony might have a spare handguard. There should be no problem shipping it to the USA, but if I can help, please PM me.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Interesting.....in what way do you regard this model a great rifle? Please give more info because sofar I havent found much about it. Do you have own experience or documents?
Regards,
I shot quite a few matches with the 63 Swede in 6.5x55 and found it to be an incredibly accurate rifle.As an advanced military skiier I have shot many Military biathlons which are different than Olympic Biathlons in that you use high power military weapons as the biathlon was originally intended.In military biathlon the shooting events are ; 100 meters on skis standing,200 meters kneeling on skis w/crossed ski pole rifle support and 300 meters on skis in prone position.I believe the excellent accuracy of this weapon and the portability of the folding stock while skiing would make it quite perfect for this task.I am also sure that is the reason it was designed.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Ok, thanks. Hoped you had experience with the CG 62. On the contrary it seemed that the possibility to fold the stock didnt make up to its disadvantages. Gevärsfaktoriet in Eskilstuna went on to a more traditional stock but with a hooked buttplate. The important thing seemed to be the carrying harness as Dana shows at page 191 in "Crown Jewels". The CG 62 is told to be to bulky (according to my talks to Uno Sonnefelt) but designed so partly because of military use. I have written a little about that in this thread http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?521-Searching-info-on-this-Swedish-rifle.
Regards,

·
8,985 Posts
More info from Sweden

One of our Swedish members sent me the following photos on the CG62 rifle . We see the bar under the forearm with I am guessing tapped holes for a hand stop or swivel .

Attachments

·
8,985 Posts
Action photos

More photos from the same Swedish member . Note the knurled thumb piece is missing on this rifle ( looks blued ) . Probably updated with the CG63 cocking piece / firing pin .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
Those are some awesome pics. Looks like all three are practicing with the CG62 in the last picture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a spare m/63 hand guard I would be willing to part with. I would be glad to be part of making a treasure like this whole again!

Send me a message Steve.....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts