Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the model 46m(a) still considered a training rifle? Is it me or is that this type of gun is always worth more as parts? I mean you would not pay over $100 for a working gun but will pay $28 per sling swivel to put parts on granddads old rifle. I may have paid top dollar for a discontinued rifle but your not going to get modern equivilant for that price. Adjustable trigger too? Been on look out for years but never found one on hand no shipping. When I saw the pail of 1400 long rifle shells I was gun happy. Only thing I missed was the jc higgins butt plate, no matter to me- bought it to shoot the crap out of any way. Unbroke jc higgins beats chipped original mossy! How many were made?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,120 Posts
The 46M(a) was made 1945-47, no idea if they were ever actually trainers. An intact, original rifle in excellent condition is worth quite a bit more than $100 today, look at Gunbroker, those old Mossy's are reaching over $250 pretty regularly.
My 46M is a beautiful little rifle, and a tackdriver. Old walnut and blued steel, what's not to love?
Let's see some pics of your new one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 46M(a) was made 1945-47, no idea if they were ever actually trainers. An intact, original rifle in excellent condition is worth quite a bit more than $100 today, look at Gunbroker, those old Mossy's are reaching over $250 pretty regularly.
My 46M is a beautiful little rifle, and a tackdriver. Old walnut and blued steel, what's not to love?
Let's see some pics of your new one.
Mine came minus rear sights because it is mounted with vintage 4x bushel scope. Shoots .65 five shot groups at 25yds with remington golden bullets in a loose pack pail all day. We shot 1400 rds of 22lr in two weekends. Good to shoot 22 again!. Posting photos is such a pain in the arse I don't even try. Best forum here but if some one can make a quick photo load straight from iPhone all others would fold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts