Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the galil out today and put a few hundred rds down range with it. It was 100% from the start, afterwards I took it apart and checked out the ejector which some say are soft, mine showed no signs of deformation so I was pretty happy all in all. It shot very well and the weight really made shooting off the bench easy.

·
54,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SA brass case FMJ (no idea as to weight)
Barnpul 62gr SP
Wolf 55 grain FMJ

All were 100%

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
I've had mine out three times, each time it was with RG 62gr fmj NATO. The first time out 150rnds no issues, second time out 100rnds with the afore mentioned issues, and the last time out 150rnds with no issues. Other than the dented brass. I always soak the bolt, and firing pin in lacquer thinner, and polish the firing pin, and the fp channel so that there's no cosmo, or oil gunk/varnish left on either part. I also don't oil the firing pin, and make sure it floats freely, and doesn't stick. I go thru this ritual with all my free floating firing pin rifles, and I've seen a very similar issue with MAS 49/56 rifles, but never with mine. I've also seen people try to fix this issue on the MAS 49/56 with a spring loaded firing pin, some successful, some not. Also, as you noted, I looked very closely at my ejector for any sign of unusual wear, or issues, and found none either.
Michael

·
54,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The soft ejector problem some have reported was my biggest concern, I was glad none of that showed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts