Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the eastman show in Gainesville yesterday. Sorry to violate the Tedcott but the alternative was to stay home and clean the house. I did however, tell the Beastman that Ted said to kiss his backside.

Got there at 10:00, it was raining hard but the line was snaked well into the parking deck. Busiest show in Gainesville in 5 or more years. Most vendors since they lost enough vendors to close off the upper room.

First off, there is not a shortage of black rifles. There are a bunch for sale still. Same high prices on the tables since the election, not many selling. Pistols were selling like hot cakes. Ammo still high, some spam cans of 7.62x54R available for 89.95 for 440 rounds. That's cheaper than most if you add in shipping.

As for Mosin Nagants, there are a few M-44's and 91/30's there at $129 with sling and bayonet. One gent for Armuchee has a SA stamped, 1940 dated 91/30 for $249. Will come down to $225.

I did find a deal, at a table over by the far wall , a young fellow had a "B" barrel M-91 without a cleaning rod or sling swivels to go in the Finnish sling plates with the round holes.

I asked how much and the young fellow said, "I'll have to get $60 out of that one." I said, "Did you say $60?" He said, " Cain't take no less than that." So I paid him. When I look closer at the rifle, the bolt matches, exterior finish is 90%+, Z in crossed cannons cartouche. The bad news is that the bore is darker than most caves. I hope it'll clean up but for $60, I'm not too worried.

My other buys were a box of old Norma 180 grain 7.62X54R ammo for $30 and a cup of coffee.

My fun was over then, I had to go to the grocery store. It was packed too.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,934 Posts
Good grab Guitarzan! Don't worry about the bore. I got a M91 VKT and a '38 Tula Finn 91/30 from the last two show that both had horrendous bores. Did one cleaning, then took them to the range. Five rounds, bore snake, repeat. Did about 20 rounds per rifle, now they look as normally clean as any Mosin can. The M91 VKT actually shines! I wish I would have done this earlier wth other rifles I've had. I've spent many hours scrubing bores that come clean shooting. :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yup, the bore in the Finn'ed N.E.W. I got the other day cleaned up pretty well too!

Seems that a bunch of us have had some good Finn finds lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.