Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this interesting Spanish steel. I am not very familiar with the history and my research has only uncovered that it was made prior to 1936 due to the slide markings "GABILONDO Y CIA ELOEIBAR (ESPANA) CAL 9M/M. 38 "LlAMA" ". This was from Ned Schwing's 2006 standard catalog of fireams? Pistols after 1936 have Llama before the Gabilondo?. Its serial number is under 35,000. I looked in Spanish Handguns: The history of Spanish Pistols & Revolvers by Gene Gangarosa Jr and found very little about dating this pistol. I would appreciate any more information about the date and value of this pistol?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Are there any proof codes or other words in the slide legend? (i.e. "Especial" or "Extra")? Serial range would indicate early to mid 1930s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other side of the slide has a "Llama" Extra. I can't find any proof codes. The only thing I have found is a half of a star under a grip with lines coming out of the inner circumferences. It also has 63 stamped on the barrel and frame, but I think this is for assembly. I'll take a picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts