Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite a K98 but I need some help. Do these take the same cleaning rod as a 98k ? My 98k cleaning rods seem tight. Every 98/40 I had before had a rod.

Does anyone have parts ? I need a rear site spring that holds the rear site leaf to the graduated bar. It is round and the 98k's is square.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not quite a K98 but I need some help. Do these take the same cleaning rod as a 98k ? My 98k cleaning rods seem tight. Every 98/40 I had before had a rod.

Does anyone have parts ? I need a rear site spring that holds the rear site leaf to the graduated bar. It is round and the 98k's is square.
Rod is the same as a long 98k.

As far as the rear sight parts are concerned, that is a weak point and many guys, including me, are looking for the same thing!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts

Rear sight is similar to WW1 Kar98. In my experience sight adjuster parts will swap as will the large leaf spring in the base. The numbered sight leaf will fit but starts at 3 instead of 1 and adjuster button works on oposite side. Same parts in Hungarian 35M and 43M as g98/40, except one of my 43M rifles has an adjuster button (what I belive you call the spring)that is smooth not checkered. JL

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rear sight is similar to WW1 Kar98. In my experience sight adjuster parts will swap as will the large leaf spring in the base. The numbered sight leaf will fit but starts at 3 instead of 1 and adjuster button works on oposite side. Same parts in Hungarian 35M and 43M as g98/40, except one of my 43M rifles has an adjuster button (what I belive you call the spring)that is smooth not checkered. JL
JL:

I actually has a 98a leaf and a adjuster that I was playing around with a while back. I was trying to get the adjuster to work on the 98/40 blade and never even thought of using the button on the opposite side!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts